Sign in to follow this  
felixthreeone

Effects not showing on Ai aircraft?

Hello. Bought this primarily to improve effects on Ai aircraft. Now I have no contrails or effects on Ai aircraft. Do I need to use configuration for every Ai plane I have??

No, it should be installed on every AI plane.

Did you installed your AI Traffic after PrecipitFX ?

About what effects do we talk here ?

I actually see only the brake smoke on my AI.

It should work.  I see break smoke, ice blasts and contrails on AI aircraft with PrecipitFX in Prepar3D.   I wonder what is going on here for you.  

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Well, no contrails have been observed at all. Even in proper conditions. And in wet shouldn't I see effects there too from Ai? Wingtip vortices or spray?

Anyone have any ideas? I finally saw wingtip vortices on ONE ai jet. Problem was they weren't anywhere close to the wingtip. More like ten feet away from each wingtip. No thrust snow blast in snowy conditions, or any contrails at all. They are gone! This was purchased because many people were raving about it. I don't see why. Not sure what is going on, but for now, its getting thrown in the old 'bin'.

Well, no contrails have been observed at all. Even in proper conditions. And in wet shouldn't I see effects there too from Ai? Wingtip vortices or spray?

+1

No default AI Traffic contrails after installation in P3D 2.4

Hello, I'm also having the same problem in FSX.  Checked all the AI config.files and the necessary Precipitfx enteries are there, just no  visible effects in the simulator,ie. wheel spray,engine snow blast.....ect. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

It would be very good to see the offer from the developer)

PrecipitFX is a good product, it will be even better to add contrails for AI of planes.

:unsure:, I guess no help here... just a few more bucks thrown away. Typical FSX addons,always some sort of problem...........

Mh,

as i use PrecipitFX with FSX, i can only imagine, that your AI planes are not installed in the correct aircraft folder, so PrecipitFX is not able to put in the correct files to the correct place. I think all the AI planes have to be installed in the folder, where the aircrafts are installed you are flying.

And not every AI airplane is programmed to show all effects. To see the smoke from hard braking, there must be the brake entry in the aircraft.cfg, as far as i know...

Matthias

Hi,

I haven't purchased the add-on not yet and would be very interested to get such effects in P3Dv2.5 also on the Ai traffic. I use AI traffic in a separated folder on another drive to modify AI easily idepentent from default planes. I have assigned the AI folder in the simobjects.cfg and they show up in P3D correctly. But what about the effects?

Brgds,

Axel

+1 Has this been fixed? As I fly only in cockpit, this product will be only useful to me if I can see the effects on AI. I am migrating to P3D v2.5 with UT2

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png