Sign in to follow this  
felixthreeone

Effects not showing on Ai aircraft?

Take a look in the AI aircraft.cfg! Is there an effect section or not, and when yes what is writen there?

As i know from Mytraffic 5 up to 6 all FSX Standardaircraft models used by Mytraffic, so only this models have this effect like 737, 747,...! All non FSX Models like A380, 757,....doesn't have it!

Max

As I fly only in cockpit, this product will be only useful to me if I can see the effects on AI.

Not really, where this product really shines is in fixing the ridiculous rain effect in FSX/P3D.

For that one thing alone its worth the money

Hi, any news about contrails? Do they show up on AI planes and are they longer, as advertised in v 1.3?

For all those who don't see them, are you using ActiveSky Next?

James Goggi

I temporarily moved my AI aircraft (MT6) to my aircraft folder, ran the program and the effects were installed on the AI airplanes.   Then, I move them back and all is well!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I temporarily moved my AI aircraft (MT6) to my aircraft folder, ran the program and the effects were installed on the AI airplanes.   Then, I move them back and all is well!

This is a great tip so thanks for sharing!

I'm just about to install PrecipitFX and I also have MT6 installed but I only use it to display online traffic on VATSIM doing all my flying online.

The default path to the MT6 AI models is ...\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft so are you saying you moved the Aircraft folder to the ...SimObjects\Airplanes folder within P3D or did you move the complete MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft folder structure?

And last, are you saying you now see all the PrecipitFX effects on all MT6 AI models after installing using the above mentioned methode?

Richard Åsberg

I just moved all of my "regular planes" out of the MT folder, copied and pasted all of the MT6 planes into the P3D folder and ran PreciptFX.  Then I just deleted the MT6 planes and moved my regular ones back.  I did it this way so they would not get all mixed up.

I'm not sure if all of the effects get applied or not.  But, below is from an MT6 plane and it looks the same as what my regular planes have.

[EFFECTS]
WheelSnowSpray=fsfx_PFX_L_WheelSnowSpray //FSFX_PFX_Effect
SnowEngineWash=fsfx_PFX_L_SnowEngineWash //FSFX_PFX_Effect
WheelWetSpray=fsfx_PFX_L_WheelWetSpray //FSFX_PFX_Effect
WetEngineWash=fsfx_PFX_L_WetEngineWash //FSFX_PFX_Effect
SkidPavement=fsfx_PFX_L_skidmark //FSFX_PFX_Effect
wake=fx_wake
water=fx_spray
dirt=fx_tchdrt
concrete=fx_sparks
touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1

PS  I can't take credit for this.  It was Keven at OldProp who suggested it.

Rick Abshier

OK, I would of course like to have the PrecipitFX effects added for all my AI models so guess I'll just move all the AI models to the ...SimObjects\Airplanes folder and run the PrecipitFX installation routine and then move them back.

Before doing this I will also make sure all the MT6 models include the [EFFECTS] entry in each model's aircraft.cfg, already noticed this section is missing for some models.

No problem finding things to spend your spare time on rather than flying :wink:

Richard Åsberg

Yup, I spend way too much time "configuring" and not enough time flying!

Rick Abshier

I noticed that after installing PrecipitFX 1.5.0.4 I have roughly 25 aircraft (out of 279 total) that did not get any files updated after install of PrecipitFX. Some of which are:

A2A B-17

VRS Superbug F-18

JF Eurofighter

Dino S-3 Viking

Milviz F-86 and Phantom II

FSX default P-51, Mooney, Maule a/c, Piper J3Cub

Razbam Corsair II

Real Air sim Decathalon

Sukhoi SU-27 AI

Tupolev TU-95 AI

Virtavia A-4, B-29, B1-B, F-111

Wilco tilt rotor

Tried installing again with no change. Also use My Traffic Professional 6 and there are no changes for those AI aircraft as well. My Traffic installs to it's own folder within the FSX root folder.

Update:

I just took notice that the aircraft that have no new entries begins with the JF Eurofighter entry within the airplane folder within (SimObjects) and continues with all aircraft that follow it afterwards (to the bottom). All aircraft above the JF Eurofighter entry have been updated. One other thing to note the JF Eurofighter aircraft.cfg does have an entry (Aircraft.cfg.fsfx_PFX.bkp) but no additional new entries within the actual aircraft.cfg

Coincidence?

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

To add the effects to the My Traffic 6 AI,   I just copied most of my My Traffic aircraft into the P3D/  Airplanes folder and then ran the PrecipitFX installer The My Traffic aircraft are easy to identify because almost all end with MX. There are a few that end with MTM, so you have to make sure when you are going to copy these back to overwrite the aircraft in the My Traffic folder, that you copy the .mtm files too, otherwise you get a message when you start P3D about duplicates files.  When you copy them back to the My Traffic/Aircraft folder make sure you select overwrite the files.   Took about 10 minutes total . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

OK, I would of course like to have the PrecipitFX effects added for all my AI models so guess I'll just move all the AI models to the ...SimObjects\Airplanes folder and run the PrecipitFX installation routine and then move them back.

Before doing this I will also make sure all the MT6 models include the [EFFECTS] entry in each model's aircraft.cfg, already noticed this section is missing for some models.

No problem finding things to spend your spare time on rather than flying :wink:

I just realized that PreciprFX also looks in the My traffic aircraft folder now without having to move anything, but in order to add the effects to a My Traffic aircraft, as you stated, [Effect] has to be added to any aircraft that is missing the effect entry. My question is, if you have done this, did you run into any problems after that with the My Traffic AI aircraft? 

BTW, I added this question on the MT6 forum. http://forum.simflight.com/topic/81450-adding-effects-to-ai-aircraft-in-mt6-from-precipitfx/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310