Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

P3D and rex Soft Clouds

I just bought Rex Soft Clouds and have only flown one flight with them. Is it me or are there no cloud shadows when using Soft Clouds?

NAX669.png

No problems with cloud shadows for me when using REX soft clouds.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

Which cloud set are you using? As I said, I've only flown one flight with this setup but I didn't notice any cloud shadows.

NAX669.png

Cloud set 01 (I have tried most of the cloud sets and they all seem to work fine with Cloud Shadows).

You might want to delete your shaders folder i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

You can see cloud shadows in my video -- 13:52 to 14:35 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_Aq6q1Ueu0

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

Thanks. It's obvious from your video that they are there. It must be the way I have P3D setup on my rig.

NAX669.png

I had already reported that, in my opinion, the cloud shadows are less intense with Soft Clouuds (set 15 or 16).

Is REX Soft Clouds even needed in Prepar3D or rather asked, does it make a significant difference?

I can understand that it will have a noteable impact on FSX, but Prepar3D?

Like Pincopanco, I also noticed that shadows seem less intense with some sets compared to others (e.g. Set 1 vs Set 15). Though I don't remember if I deleted my shader folder after installing...will have to give it a shot again when I get back.