Sign in to follow this  
jackieman271

Two issues with the Carenado SII

When I am in a long flight, with the autopilot engaged and the sim sped up to 16x, the engines randomly shut down, and the controls get locked up. This happens only occasionally, maybe like every other flight or so. It is really annoying. I really enjoy the aircraft & it's model and it works great, except for this.

Also, this may be a problem on my end, but when I am departing a dense area with the citation (Like NYC) the sim crashes about 5 minutes into the flight. I have a very good system that is definitely capable of handling the citation and the dense scenery. The strange thing is is that this doesn't happen with other aircraft. Even aircraft more complex than this (like the 737ngx for example) don't cause a crash in this area!

Thanks!

~John M :lol:

Does this happen when crossing a timezone boundary?

Now that I think of it, it did happen only on flights from the east to the west. (For example HPN-ORD)

Is this an issue? How can I avoid this?

Can't wait to hear what you say. Thanks for your response.

J

I believe this is a bug and should be reported to Carenado.

Already in earlier planes, they have tied the avionics timers to "local time".

That works great until you cross a time zone boundary, and FSX changes local time by an hour.

The better way, would be to use UTC time, which is constant..

They programmed a workaround in the PC12, but whether that would work with accelerated time, I do not know..

Bert

I believe this is a bug and should be reported to Carenado.

Already in earlier planes, they have tied the avionics timers to "local time".

That works great until you cross a time zone boundary, and FSX changes local time by an hour.

The better way, would be to use UTC time, which is constant..

They programmed a workaround in the PC12, but whether that would work with accelerated time, I do not know..

I filled out a support ticket, and got a reply. This bug is apparently new to them! They asked for more information about it.

How do you use/switch to UTC time?

I do not switch to UTC time.. what I am saying is that Carenado should have used UTC time in their coding..

That has certainly been reported before, but maybe you can help them locate the problem.  

Bert

I do not switch to UTC time.. what I am saying is that Carenado should have used UTC time in their coding..

That has certainly been reported before, but maybe you can help them locate the problem.  

Okay! Thank you.

Just gave them an in-depth description and mentioned the time zone problem you suggested.

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

John

Okay! Thank you.

Just gave them an in-depth description and mentioned the time zone problem you suggested.

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

John

I'm going to send you something to test.. watch your PM.

Bert