Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

My first Drone film...

I hate the word drone, as it conjours up so many negative emotions, far better to be referred to as a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) :smile: I was up at the crack of dawn on Sunday and by the evening I had edited this short film, which to be honest, was only supposed to be test footage. However, I was so impressed with the footage, I thought I'd put together a short film and share it online. I hope you like fellas.. BTW, watch in HD fullscreen!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

That's excellent Howard, well done!

What equipement did you use and if you don't mind, what sort of cost?

Keep up the good work

Phil

Very Nice......looks like someone has got a new toy  B)

Looks almost as beautiful as New Zealand is  :P

Matthew Kane

A fantastic footage indeed, Howard! :good:

I would love to buy a drone myself. Maybe one day.

Something like this has been my dream since I can remember.

And yes, some idiots here and there make the name get some bad associations.

I hope it won't result in drones being banned for most people, which some projects already include.

Could you share the location of the film?

That's excellent Howard, well done!

What equipement did you use and if you don't mind, what sort of cost?

Keep up the good work

Phil

Very Nice......looks like someone has got a new toy  B)

Looks almost as beautiful as New Zealand is  :P

A fantastic footage indeed, Howard! :good:

I would love to buy a drone myself. Maybe one day.

Something like this has been my dream since I can remember.

I hope it won't result in drones being banned for most people, which some projects already include.

Could you share the location of the film?

Thanks for the kind words fellas. To answer, I have started a business offering aerial survey work for industry, and film and photography work to the media, as my background is TV cameraman and photographer. The location is the Chew Valley in north Somerset, a beautiful part of the world. As for the equipment, it's a Sky Hero Spyder 850 quad with a Zenmuse H3-3D 3 axis gimbal and a GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition camera. All the material is shot at 2.7k res in protune mode for maximum quality. Cost of the rig is about £2,800.

In the UK, to work commercially, or receive any payment of any kind, you have to be qualified and to have the correct insurance, that alone can be between £2000-£2,500. That's only the start of things. However, to fly as a hobbyist, that can start as little as a few hundred pounds, but you still have to abide by the country's civil aviation regulations, or run the risk of a serious fine. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Great!

I especially like the part with the church!

Best regards,

Tom

Awesome footage Howard! I thought it is DJI drone. :)

Of course there are bad assoiations because bunch of idiots are using them. Few of you maybe know about an incident in one soccer game where some away supporters provoked the stadium with the one very negative flag carried by a drone, hovering above the center of the field for minute or two!
Another example is filming the planes on landing, but practically the drone is on a glideslope path!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Howard...FANTASTIC!....WOW!!!!!!!   Any more that you do...just post..and I'll be very happy to watch them.

Well done, Sir!

Mitch

Thanks again fellas...

Howard

Well done Howard!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Beautiful video Howard :smile:, I got to get myself one of those 

I don't usually spend the bandwidth on watching videos in HD Howard but this video was well worth it, I absolutely loved it!

Excellent

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Thanks once again for the kind comments guys, all very much appreciated.

Howard