Sign in to follow this  
orvos

FSX is killing my budget

Hi all, ever since I purchased FSX a year ago I have been running a goose chase to finally achieve a decent playable fps with addons that make this simulator seem realistic.

Today, my rig specs are:

Core i5 3570K overclocked to 4 ghz

mobo Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

Nivida GTX 760 2gb ram ddr5

8 gb of RAM

windows 7 64x

Addons

PMDG 737 ngx

rex4 texture direct

fscaptain

Proatc-x

Fs2crew

sweetfx

Some airports here and there

When on the air the fps is good, around 30-40 which is very acceptable, but on the ground it dips to 18-25, in VC, sometimes unplayable slideshow which really annoys me so much considering the amount of money I am throwing down this drain....

I have tried many of the tweaks suggested but no luck, so was just wondering how are you performing? just out of curiosity if someone with similar specs can give me an idea if that is acceptable, my system is outdated, I am too greedy, or am I doing something wrong!

For me, FPS 20-25 is quite reasonable and acceptable for Aerosoft Airbus in major quality aiport like KAID or UUDD, with UT2, ASN, ORBX global addons. I'm foing to try DX10 fixer soon with the hope it could enhance perfomance.

I have read about it, another 30 or so USD to fix some glitches here and there, and even then no way of telling if it will improve the fps or not....boy oh boy where does it stop!

thanks for your feedback :)

I have read about it, another 30 or so USD to fix some glitches here and there, and even then no way of telling if it will improve the fps or not....boy oh boy where does it stop!

thanks for your feedback :)

It enhances overall look of FSX, accompined with some performance improvements (according to most reviews i've read).