Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Outerra development news

When are we going to see some cities and buildings ? All we've been seeing since the past 3 years is grass lol.

bCdPfBE.jpg

Watching that AS K-13 shots, and a few youtubes, is really rewarding for me :-)

Looking fwd to play it myself :)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Watching that AS K-13 shots, and a few youtubes, is really rewarding for me :-)

Looking fwd to play it myself :)

Well, you returned at the right moment. Simon, (AKA Bomber) is very interested right now in simulating things like ridge lift, turbulence, and other weather effects within Outerra, as well as bringing FDMs up to par. I think your expertise might be a huge assistance, and together with Uriah, might provide a stable triad of knowledge to help take Outerra even further forward.

One of the things he has been working on: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3246.0

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Thx for the link HiFlyer!  Certainly promising!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Looking very good!

The topograhy now appears even more realistic!

Impressive!

Some pictures posted in an other thread by Cameni of the WIP OSM importer:

imkhqRpZqJJAz.jpg

ibsVaeyV2nGZo0.jpg

Some pictures posted in an other thread by Cameni of the WIP OSM importer:

imkhqRpZqJJAz.jpg

ibsVaeyV2nGZo0.jpg

:o Super!

Something interesting.  :smile: 

Outerra is hiring! http://www.outerra.com/jobs.html

We are currently looking for programmers to fill in positions in our office in Bratislava, Slovakia, to work on several game and simulation projects in cooperation with our multinational partner companies.

Requirements:

• proficiency in C++, performance oriented programming
  • experience with game development, game engines or similar
  • experience with vector math, multithreading, multiplatform development experience is welcome
  • experience with data-oriented coding and OO shortcomings

Areas of experience:

• 3D engine (OpenGL, GLSL)
  • networking
  • physics
  • gameplay
  • AI, pathfinding
  • editing tools
  • vector/raster data import (OpenStreetMaps, global datasets)
  • export plugins to 3DMax/Maya

If you are interested please email us at contact at outerra.com

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sundog gives a nod to Outerra

http://sundog-soft.com/sds/blog/

The referenced Outerra post. http://outerra.blogspot.com/2009/08/logarithmic-z-buffer.html

POSTED BY FRANK KANE ON 23RD JUNE 2015

Soft clouds in SkyMaxx Pro 3

Logarithmic depth buffers seem to be gaining wider adoption with our customers lately. The idea stemmed from an article by Outerra on how they preserved depth resolution at both near and far distances. Like Outerra, many of our customers need to render something like a cockpit close to the eyepoint, while at the same time rendering distant terrain hundreds of kilometers away. Conventional depth buffers cannot handle such a wide difference between your near and far clip planes, without producing artifacts from depth buffer resolution (“z-fighting.”)

While Outerra’s original article on log depth buffers covered the basic idea, it wasn’t refined until 2013 in this update. This newer article is much more explicit about what needs to go into your vertex programs in order to change how your depth buffer values are written, and it produces good results. All you have to do is add this snippet of code, plus one uniform value, into all of your vertex programs (and maybe a few of your fragment programs, too.)

See article for the rest.

Devons rig

Good to see .

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Outerra may well become the future of flight simulation.

Main Simulation Rig:

Devons rig

Brano did some resize test with the planet in order to test some changes in the code (for multi planetary support). The result is interesting :

Recent code changes ultimately aimed at support for multiple planets and moons in solar system allow us to do some experiments with the existing planet Earth. I did a quick test with shrinking the planet by factor of 16, and checking if it would still work. It does, though there are some things that do not adapt yet - like clouds are now in space, atmospheric computations have some glitches, mountains are too steep, preserving their original height (though for artistic purposes they'd probably not be lowered by 16x).

Note this doesn't mean we'd want to degrade the engine or the full-scale world rendering that we've got; the inspiration for the test came when I saw the small No Mans Sky worlds.
Now we just have to paint the grass red smiley.gif

ibcR1CHO6V18gj.jpg

iRH6hnNoy1hNy.jpg

ibi1VFjmPjmHEl.jpg

Forum post: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3339