Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Outerra development news

Things looking good. Any news on the partnerships front?

Besides TitanIM, I'm don't think they have really mentioned anything. I feel flightsim companies are pretty conservative, and don't want to wander too far afield from FSX and FSX derivatives. Outerra will probably have to go it alone until they reach the point of feeling confidant enough to launch a kickstarter.

Meanwhile, a bunch of very talented individuals are volunteering their time to help move things forward while the Outerra team grows and Outerra itself acquires more and more features.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

holy crap. this looks so good. I wish we could get the OSM features this year . outerra has probably the biggest chance of becoming the best simulator within the next 5-10 years

"We'll see how Outerra performs with several thousands of buildings..."

Well.

WgyBbys.jpg

I have to admit, I lose something like 5 frames compared to a pristine area.

Took me around 30 minutes with the new editor.

Besides TitanIM, I'm don't think they have really mentioned anything. I feel flightsim companies are pretty conservative, and don't want to wander too far afield from FSX and FSX derivatives. Outerra will probably have to go it alone until they reach the point of feeling confidant enough to launch a kickstarter.

Meanwhile, a bunch of very talented individuals are volunteering their time to help move things forward while the Outerra team grows and Outerra itself acquires more and more features.

"We'll see how Outerra performs with several thousands of buildings..."

Well.

WgyBbys.jpg

I have to admit, I lose something like 5 frames compared to a pristine area.

Took me around 30 minutes with the new editor.

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!

Showing some of the powerful in-program functionality that will eventually make placing buildings, roads, lakes, vehicles and objects of all sorts for scenery design a truly point and click experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=78&v=d4duN8suCX4

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Is there a software to import OpenStreetMap data into Outerra? In my opinion, that would be the "killer app" for Outerra, if it has to be considered as a potential flight simulator. I think developers (or the community) should concentrate on that as soon as possible.

Until there's no large scale (earth-wise) scenery reproducing the real world in terms of elevation, landclass and roads/cities placement, it's very unlikely that Outerra could attract the interest of the flight simulator community. OpenStreetMap could allow that.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Is there a software to import OpenStreetMap data into Outerra? In my opinion, that would be the "killer app" for Outerra, if it has to be considered as a potential flight simulator. I think developers (or the community) should concentrate on that as soon as possible.

Until there's no large scale (earth-wise) scenery reproducing the real world in terms of elevation, landclass and roads/cities placement, it's very unlikely that Outerra could attract the interest of the flight simulator community. OpenStreetMap could allow that.

OSM import is already done, there where several demo screenshots of the result for roads posted by Cameni in these forums. However there are still a lot of tweaks to do. OSM will probably be distributed with roads first, maybe with rivers included. Buildings will come later.

Outerra seems to have added yet another new developer (This will make 4 that I know of) to their stable. He is going by the moniker cyrilgramblicka, and his introductory post is on how to enhance Outerra flight recordings using a different Codec.

Instructions are here: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3407.msg38119#msg38119

Hi.. Here is the link for X264 video recorder plugin repository: https://github.com/cyrilgramblicka/X264RecorderPlugin

You can use this plugin for recoding video straight from the engine (video recoding is triggered after pressing F9 key). The output format is mp4 and video data are encoded with x264 codec.

Instalation instruction: 
1. Download binary form this link: https://github.com/cyrilgramblicka/X264RecorderPlugin/raw/master/binary/x264_recorder_plugin.dll
2. Place x264_recorder_plugin.dll to Outerra plugins directory (e.g C:\Program Files (x86)\Outerra\Anteworld\plugins)
3. Start Outerra and press F9 to start and/or stop recording.
4. Output video files should be in you outerra data directory in "videos" subfolder. (e.g. C:\Users\(YOURACCOUNT)\Outerra\videos)

Devons rig

This will make 4 that I know of

5!

cameni

angrypig

pasto

jericho

cyrilgramblicka

And yeah, this is a great plugin. Totally removes any framerate issues during recording for me, good image quality :)

Outerra seems to have added yet another new developer (This will make 4 that I know of) to their stable.

5!

So that'd be more than Laminar Research then. :diablo:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

5!

cameni

angrypig

pasto

jericho

cyrilgramblicka

And yeah, this is a great plugin. Totally removes any framerate issues during recording for me, good image quality :)

I missed Jericho. Cameni said once that the individual developers would eventually be introduced so everyone could hear from them a bit (I guess) but so far they are kind of anonymous.

So that'd be more than Laminar Research then.

Not sure what the numbers for them are. What I do know is that despite some strong cynicism from certain quarters, Outerra continues to advance.... slow by slow, careful step.

Devons rig

UPDATE! (and a major milestone with extended controls!) 

If you are not sure what this means, in the demo, go to "controls" and then "configure" (or just hit F12) and look at all the new bindings available specifically for aircraft. This will open up whole new avenues of functionality for Outerra!)   :smile:

Oh, and the Cessna is now included in the demo for fliers to toy with.

Version 0.8.4.5940

• extended controls support for vehicles and aircraft (see defaults/iomap/readme.txt for technical details)
  • moved iomap/xxx.default.cfg to defaults/iomap/xxx.cfg
  • default bindings for trim (ctrl + action key)
  • separate altitude-hold (shift A) and Stability Augmentation System (shift S) for heli,
  • F12 shows new controls UI
  • scenery editor update, ctrl modifier for forced mouse panning
  • updated mig29, c172, ah64, c172 & mig21 sound updates (uriah, kw71, levi)
  • c172 made available in demo mode
  • added a fire(pos,dir,speed,caliber,color) method to aircraft/vehicle for firing plasma rays
  • added test/demo fire event handlers (left mouse button) to T817 and MiG
  • fixed tracer burn lights being offset from the landing position and sometimes burning forever
  • rotation vector normalization to geomob joint rotation functions
  • planet cfg saved at exit
  • hud distance working in full range into star background
  • added option to not use imperial units in aircraft hud
  • fixed moon lighting, flickering at atmo boundary
  • fixed rivers in stereo mode
  • sRGB texelFetch bug detection handling the MSAA mode as well (pale grass bug)
  • fixed crash after the first road waypoint was deleted
  • fixed invisible leading road segments
  • fix for spikes on terrain from roads going through lowest tile point (needs reapplying the road)
  • added "strict" property into objdef, newly imported objects = true, old ones default to false; causes "use strict" in vehicle/aircraft scripts
  • fixed jsbsim wind vector
  • fixed HID config not being saved for new non-calibrated devices

Devons rig

Not enough keybindings for ya? look under "advanced"  :P

Devons rig