Sign in to follow this  
JLP731

Writing too small/too HD?

Good day Avsimmers,

So whilst I'm loving this plane, I do find that to make out smaller text, like switch labels and annunciator warnings and things like that, I'm having to zoom in quite a bit to even make the text legible, which isn't right.

My viewpoint is fairly normal as it should be from the angle I am at, where I can see out of the window and enough of the panel as necessary.

My settings are set quite high, with the resolution at maximum. I've even tried lowering it to high and medium with no effect. The photo is with FXAA off, and turning it on doesn't help at all.

Here is a photo, perhaps it explains it better than I can. 

2015-1-21_13-12-7-815.png

This is P3Dv2. Any suggestions and am I alone in thinking this? I'd just like to be able to read the small text!

Totally agree with you and hoping for some clarity!

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Yes but I have to zoom in to an unrealistic level of zoom to fully make out the writing.

I understand this is a downside to having ultra HD aircraft and I honestly can't see a way around it but I just wanted to make it known.

I find reading the heading on the EHSI to be especially difficult. Having said that, I do really like this bird!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

I have been flying with the popup EADI/EHSI and MFD opened.  This is a bit unrealistic, and a pain in the neck if you change views (and have to keep opening the popup panels), however these popup panels are very clear and easy to read.  The aircraft has nice handling characteristics and is enjoyable to fly, but extremely hard to read the annunciators and some of the gauges.  I'm wondering if using TrackIR would improve the experience?  I may have to break down and purchase TrackIR now!

Cheers,

Gerald

I find reading the heading on the EHSI to be especially difficult. Having said that, I do really like this bird!

I agree.  The heading numbers are almost usless.

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument