Sign in to follow this  
OldBoy

Autopilot wailer shutoff

Hi.

Just got the PMDG 777 and have problem:

When I disconnect the AP I can´t silence the wailer! Even if I press disconnect button several times. 
Any setting I missed?

Thanks for help :)

When I disconnect the AP I can´t silence the wailer! Even if I press disconnect button several times. 

Any setting I missed?

There is no setting that you missed. You just missed reading this intro manual. Please read this. It seems like a big manual, but it's mostly because of the amount of pictures.

To answer your question, though, you're just disconnecting the AP improperly. See here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p2HDQZp-os

Kyle Rodgers

There is no setting that you missed. You just missed reading this intro manual. Please read this. It seems like a big manual, but it's mostly because of the amount of pictures.

To answer your question, though, you're just disconnecting the AP improperly. See here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p2HDQZp-os

Hi. I am using key "Z" for AP disconnect, and follow this procedure in the manual:

"You need to press the autopilot disconnect button on your joystick (or the Z key) twice in order to silence the alarm. Make the first press, wait a second or two and then press it again."

But when I press Z the AP does NOT disengage!? Still AP button is green. But no alarm is going off. Set to "1 press" in config for aircraft.

So something is wrong, have the latest update of course.

Hi, 

Have you selected the Z key as the A/P disconnect switch in the key commands menu of the FMC? (It should be in PMDG Setup / Options / Key commands).

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi, 

Have you selected the Z key as the A/P disconnect switch in the key commands menu of the FMC? (It should be in PMDG Setup / Options / Key commands).

Will check that! Do I need to set that on every different aircraft, or is working on all aircraft when changed?

I have now set the AP disconnect key command.

Thanks for info!

If the Z key is the default FSX AP ON/OFF command, won't this conflict with the AP SOFT DISCONNECT setting?

I use CTRL + SHIFT + 1 for the AP SOFT DISCO.

Will check that! Do I need to set that on every different aircraft, or is working on all aircraft when changed?

The setting on the MENU page of the CDU will change it for all of your 737NGX aircraft. I would recommend using a key setting other than Z for the autopilot disconnect. Z is the key for the FSX default autopilot on/off switch. You can see this in the video above.

Also, it's a forum rule to sign your full name to your posts here in the forum. Please do so in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

If the Z key is the default FSX AP ON/OFF command, won't this conflict with the AP SOFT DISCONNECT setting?

The setting on the MENU page of the CDU will change it for all of your 737NGX aircraft. I would recommend using a key setting other than Z for the autopilot disconnect. Z is the key for the FSX default autopilot on/off switch. You can see this in the video above.

Also, it's a forum rule to sign your full name to your posts here in the forum. Please do so in the future.

If I assign a button on my joystick in FSX for A/P disconnect, will that work for the 777?

I don´t understand what you mean with "sign with full name"? Where can I change that?

Conny

If I assign a button on my joystick in FSX for A/P disconnect, will that work for the 777?

The button has to have some way of sending a key command. This can be done with FSUIPC (paid version), or any other joystick keystroke mapper (google it - there are several free ones).

I don´t understand what you mean with "sign with full name"? Where can I change that?

You can either type "Conny [and your last name]" to each post or you can configure a signature by clicking on your user name at the top right, My Settings, and then Signature to edit your signature.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes may be true, I just said Z because the OP said he uses Z for A/P disconnect, my bad.

Personnaly, I use ctrl+shift+Z for the A/P disconnect switch and have a button of my yoke configured through fsuipc to send that command when I press on it.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.