Sign in to follow this  
Hageneezz

Airsimmers A320 Tablet problem

You have been missed. 

Thanks, mate! Yes, I've had some time off forums.

Also keep in mind I'm on the dark side (FSX) now! :Devil:

But I still believe there's a huge bunch of fantastic people here in the FS9 boat.

AirSimmer, well, I've had some great time flying that bird. Missing it too (FS9 is off my dics forever).

As I have no contact with Rob (who BTW also switched to FSX after T7), I cannot really help.

But Flight1 have some very responsive staff, so it is always good to address them.

Hi Guy's and especially Rafal!  :) I quit flight simming a long time ago when I discovered the joys of the Oculus Rift DK2 and Elite dangerous! Will come back to FS in a a year or so hopefully.

Regarding Airsimmer, well I am not happy with the situation at all, no warning was given regarding the website, I could have at least prewarned customers and tried to setup a temporary forum for those with issues.  The official line is it will be back up soon.. Well they told me that 3 weeks ago :/  

I would suggest contacting Fllght1.  Or send me a PM here and I will see if I can resolve the issue.  I have no idea if the website problem will effect activation's, unfortunately I no longer have any version of FS installed to test this myself.

Cheers.

Rob Prest

It's really great to see you, Rob!

Please do not leave flightsimming as this is folks like you who make it alive.

Hey, Rob is back! It's a shame regarding what happened to the Airsimmer Bus. It really had a ton of potential. In the right hands it could have been one great addon.

NAX669.png

Hey Rafal, thanks for the kind words.  And Mike, good to hear from you mate :) Yeah it is a shame, only so much I could do for a company like that.  I still had tons of hours worth on enjoyment from it, in fact years of enjoyment.

Anyway, have been informed the site is planned to be back online this Friday 6th.

Oh and guy's definitely get an Oculus CV1 when it comes out, the DK2 is mind blowing,  I would never go back to TrackIR and a normal monitor.  

Cheers

Rob Prest

Oh and guy's definitely get an Oculus CV1 when it comes out, the DK2 is mind blowing,  I would never go back to TrackIR and a normal monitor

Hi again Rob.

Pardon my naivety but how does one get on using controls/keyboard/mouse etc. with the Oculus Rift?

I can use voice commands for most of my aircraft using MCE but others I suspect will have some difficulty. 

Thanks mate.

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply, I don't post here much anymore.  I use voice recognition software called voice attack. My keyboard is pretty much redundant.  It is very easy to setup and create macro's, I even control my media player with it. It cost's around $10

You can add voice packs, some are not cheap, I use Ivona 'English Amy'

Feel free to PM me, I get a notification so am more likely to get back to you faster.

Cheers

http://www.ivona.com/.  

http://www.voiceattack.com/

This guy's video is pretty old, the software is very slick now

Rob Prest

Still no website.    :girl_devil:

Is this really the end?

Not even the courtesy of an explanation.  

Worse ...  unlike FFS (SAAB 340) and PSS, no possibility of reinstall registration.  :t0103:

Like to publicly thank Rob Prest  (Flex1978) who provided excellent support whilst treading carefully as intermediary between Airsimmer and owners (dupes?)

Still, it was good while it lasted ... wasn't it?

I got a new computer late last year and reinstalled the A320 successully at that time. I will be annoyed if at a future date I cannot use what I have paid for because of an online resistration that is no longer...well online.

I did suggest contacting Flight1 who were the vendors, but have not heard back from those who had this problem

Peter Schluter

I contacted F1 and they said that Airsimmer is 'working' on their website and will be online soon. (that was before 1 month) ......

I contacted F1 and they said that Airsimmer is 'working' on their website and will be online soon. (that was before 1 month) ......

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated.  Flight1 are an excellent long standing vendor of sim products, and I am sure if airsimmer did not come back online they would resolve the situation to the purchasers satisfaction.

Ultimately this is going to be an ongoing issue in the digital age, where we buy things online, relying on the maker of such products to be around in five or so years when we wiish to reinstall. However the responsibility will always rest with the vendor of those products.

Peter Schluter

Many users are asking for this problem (many are not on this forum) sadly i'm in that group too  :lol: . I'm hoping that someone will resolve this problem but i'm thinking that what airsimmer has done with that activation process is totaly dumb idea. :angry:  :mad:

+1.  Not a smart idea. They should have just stuck with the Flight One wrapper as the only activation..

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Guy's, I don't have anything to do with Airsimmer (or flightsim)  Anymore.  However I do have direct contact with the Airsimmer devs.  

Can anyone having issues please PM me directly, I hardly log on here, however I do get an email notification if someone PM's me. 

Cheers

Rob Prest

Rob

Even though I don't have reactivation probelem myself (I did it late last year), I appreciate you helping those who do, and potentially me in future!

Peter Schluter