Sign in to follow this  
saintly1941

SP1/2

I'm on a learning curve here so I hope I type what I mean.

I have FSX-Steam installed but I keep seeing things about installing SP1 and 2. Do I need to install either or both, because I think SP2 is for Multiplayer?

Roger

Thanks Aviator I had an idea that was the case. However, I did try to see if I had them installed but couldn't find them anywhere. Where would I find them please?

Thanks Aviator I had an idea that was the case. However, I did try to see if I had them installed but couldn't find them anywhere. Where would I find them please?

There won't be any indication that it's installed unless you look at the version numbers of some of the actual files in the FSX folder.

All the files contained in those service packs are there the moment you install FSX from Steam. If anything asks you to ensure SP1 or SP2 is installed, just ignore it because you now know they are installed by default.

SP1 and SP2 are old service packs from when FSX were released in boxes, not Steam. If you were installing FSX from a DVD, you would have to download and install SP1 and SP2 after you installed FSX. That is no longer necessary now with FSX Steam Edition.

No GFR, far from it. I only have it installed and I'm biding my time with it in the hope that the compatible will come pouring in lol. I had only noticed that on a lot of add-ons there was the mention of "Needs to have" etc. So that stuck in my mind and I asked here just to see if my thoughts were justified or not.

Just to be complete, FSX:SE consists of all of these bits:

1. FSX RTM
  2. FSX SP1
  3. FSX SP2
  4. FSX Acceleration

So, instead of having to install the above four in sequence and taking a huge hunk out of your day, FSX:SE can be downloaded and installed in as little as 20 minutes... :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

@n4gix. Download and install in as little as 20 minutes? Lol, took me all of 3 minutes.

Uh oh, Brace yourselves guys... The Steamers found this forum!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

I'm just curious, what does RTM stand for in FSX RTM?

Thx,

Al

"release to manufacture" :P

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

@n4gix. Download and install in as little as 20 minutes? Lol, took me all of 3 minutes.

You must be blessed with extraordinarily fast download speed then, or you aren't including the time to actually be in an aircraft ready to fly.  After all, it takes a few minutes just to index the scenery for the first time... :Whistle:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator