Sign in to follow this  
Xplosion2002

Need help autolanding the pmdg737ngx

Jack, I'm not aware of any.  I know taxi charts are not uncommon outside the US but the FAA doesn't publish them as far as I know.  Who publishes the one you have for KIAD?

All the "IFR plates" are available at Flightaware.com and since KLASKLAX is a SID connected to a STAR you won't need enroute charts.

Dan Downs KCRP

I know they have one for KIAD in Washington.

Not sure what you're referring to, unless you're talking about the Jepp low vis taxi routes and so on.

AirNav.com is what I use for everything chart-related in FAA land.

This might help you get an idea of what to expect when flying on VATSIM at IAD:

https://vzdc.org/sop/IAD_711065D.pdf

(Page 13 shows the taxi routes on the lower half of the page)

Kyle Rodgers

A little off topic but this might be a good place to ask. Kyle might know. Seems a post some time back I got the impression most airlines that use the HUD don't equip with auto land. Talking about the NG of course. Seem we were talking about Southwest and other US carriers. Been wondering about this.

Vic green

A little off topic but this might be a good place to ask. Kyle might know. Seems a post some time back I got the impression most airlines that use the HUD don't equip with auto land. Talking about the NG of course. Seem we were talking about Southwest and other US carriers. Been wondering about this.

I'm not sure about equipage versus autoland capability, but you'e correct about SWA. They have the HUD in order to not be required to have autoland (and the requisite maintenance/currency) for CAT-III approaches. They're hand flown with the HUD in use.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure what you're referring to, unless you're talking about the Jepp low vis taxi routes and so on.

AirNav.com is what I use for everything chart-related in FAA land.

This might help you get an idea of what to expect when flying on VATSIM at IAD:

https://vzdc.org/sop/IAD_711065D.pdf

(Page 13 shows the taxi routes on the lower half of the page)

I did a quick search for the ground charts I was talking about and I could only find this for KIAD it would help a beginner.

http://www.cockpitseeker.com/wp-content/uploads/PARKING-CHART.png

Jack Roberts

Jack, I'm not aware of any.  I know taxi charts are not uncommon outside the US but the FAA doesn't publish them as far as I know.  Who publishes the one you have for KIAD?

All the "IFR plates" are available at Flightaware.com and since KLASKLAX is a SID connected to a STAR you won't need enroute charts.

Also while Im at it I was looking on the Vatsim and saw that you need to current weather for where you are flying, and I know fsx has a weather generator but lets be honest its not that great. I was wondering if there was a good FREEWARE version of anything. I might get rex later down the road. 

Thanks,

Jack Roberts

I did a quick search for the ground charts I was talking about and I could only find this for KIAD it would help a beginner.

AirNav.com is a better source. It's free and it's up to date (the chart you'd linked to is nearly 15 years old). Granted, the FAA version doesn't have gate numbers, but they're not quite necessary.

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1501/05100AD.PDF

Also while Im at it I was looking on the Vatsim and saw that you need to current weather for where you are flying, and I know fsx has a weather generator but lets be honest its not that great. I was wondering if there was a good FREEWARE version of anything. I might get rex later down the road. 

You don't need current weather, but that's what the controllers and most of the other pilots would be using so you should be using it.

If you're planning on getting weather, get ASN. The NGX will be getting ASN weather radar in its next update. No other weather program offers this, currently.

Kyle Rodgers

AirNav.com is a better source. It's free and it's up to date (the chart you'd linked to is nearly 15 years old). Granted, the FAA version doesn't have gate numbers, but they're not quite necessary.

http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1501/05100AD.PDF

You don't need current weather, but that's what the controllers and most of the other pilots would be using so you should be using it.

If you're planning on getting weather, get ASN. The NGX will be getting ASN weather radar in its next update. No other weather program offers this, currently.

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is I signed up for Vatsim and got my account registered. The bad news is when I installed FSInn and FSCopilot everything worked fine until I got to the microphone area. Now I have a microphone attached to my headset and the headset is USB. So I plugged the headset into a USB port and it worked, but never showed up as an option in the FSInn UI (something like that) I noticed any thing I plugged manually into the audio jack in the pc itself it would show up as an option. When I plugged the headset into the audio jacks in the pc it wouldnt reconize it and the headset would work at all. I was wondering if there was any advice I could get on how to resolve this issue. If you didnt understand any of it its ok I kinda needed to get this off my chest.

Thanks,

Jack Roberts

I was wondering if there was any advice I could get on how to resolve this issue. If you didnt understand any of it its ok I kinda needed to get this off my chest.

Yep...

Uninstall FSInn.

Install vPilot.

Kyle Rodgers

Yep...

Uninstall FSInn.

Install vPilot.

Ok the satus has changed a little It reconizes my headset. I press my push to talk button, how do I know its working. I will give vPilot a go

Edit: Got vPilot set up everything I think, but when I connected Im getting a bunch of messages saying

"BAW1314"  Error failed to create aircraft this usally means that the model is not actually installed. The aircraft will be created with a different model

I dont know what to do can you please help?

Hey Jack. Just read the documentation with vPilot. It will explain the aircraft model stuff. I could explain but without vpilot running in front of me I will screw my explanation up.

Hey Jack. Just read the documentation with vPilot. It will explain the aircraft model stuff. I could explain but without vpilot running in front of me I will screw my explanation up.

Yep...read it about 2 minutes after posting this comment and figured everything out. Thanks for everyone's help I plan on flying my first Vatsim flight tomorrow.

Thanks

Jack Roberts 

Yep...read it about 2 minutes after posting this comment and figured everything out. Thanks for everyone's help I plan on flying my first Vatsim flight tomorrow.

Good luck. If you'd like to depart with a quasi-known person, I'd be happy to log on at one of the DC three (IAD, BWI, DCA) to help you get started. Just PM with a time (I'm EST, for what it's worth).

Kyle Rodgers