Sign in to follow this  
ggth6756

Installation of Earth simulations Isle of Man boxed edition

Hello, ive recently purchased earth simulations Isle of Man boxed edition and i'm having trouble installing it. ive put the 4 disks in and installed them and then it came up with "installation complete" so them I started FSX and it wasn't there? Do I have to use ESI installer? Because when I started the ESI installer and put the product key in and it seemed to be downloading it off the internet? so what are the 4 disks for?  Am I missing something hear?  Any help or advice is much appreciated, Thanks  :smile:    

Is there an ESI-Packs folder with your scenery in it (in the ESI folder)?

The ESI Installer should read that and install it to your sim.

It 'looks' as if its coming off the internet again but check the speed and estimated time to complete - should be fast/short.

I've not installed off DVD but tha'ts what happens when I downloaded to a different PC and copied across.

We need a 'support' forum for ESI at Avsim so we can help each other, now that ESI are no more...

Cheers

Keith

That's too long....

If you have an ESI-Packs folder make sure you select that button in the ESI installer rather than Download - you should then just get your local files listed to install.

If you can see all of the ESI products then your in the wrong section...

If all else fails - is there a manual on the DVD?

Cheers

Keith

Hi Russeler97

Are there any entries for the Isle of Man in your Scenery Library in FSX? If not you may need to add them manually. I'm not at home at the moment but I can check which entries need to be there when I get home if you like. It would then just be a case of adding them and making sure they are ticked. It think there's only about 7 entries to put in.

Cheers

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Hi Russeler97

Are there any entries for the Isle of Man in your Scenery Library in FSX? If not you may need to add them manually. I'm not at home at the moment but I can check which entries need to be there when I get home if you like. It would then just be a case of adding them and making sure they are ticked. It think there's only about 7 entries to put in.

Cheers

Stu.

So the ESI installer is not needed?

That's too long....

If you have an ESI-Packs folder make sure you select that button in the ESI installer rather than Download - you should then just get your local files listed to install.

If you can see all of the ESI products then your in the wrong section...

If all else fails - is there a manual on the DVD?

Cheers

Keith

There is no manual on the DVD... 

It says that it's installed but its not showing on fsx? 

10930888_388282688015756_796569963824475

Is there an ESI-Packs folder with your scenery in it (in the ESI folder)?

The ESI Installer should read that and install it to your sim.

It 'looks' as if its coming off the internet again but check the speed and estimated time to complete - should be fast/short.

I've not installed off DVD but tha'ts what happens when I downloaded to a different PC and copied across.

We need a 'support' forum for ESI at Avsim so we can help each other, now that ESI are no more...

Cheers

Keith

this?

10882278_388288208015204_513895744969499

Russel, I haven't read all the posts so you may have an answer already, if not read on.

I recently purchased ES's Treescapes boxed version and I am still waiting for IoM but here's what worked for me after fumbling along like you have been.

Have a read of the PDF manual and hopefully it will tell how to install from a DVD

First disable Internet access, the ES installed tries to "phone home" but of course ES are no longer in business.

Then run through the install process and the installer should pick up the install from the DVD.

I can't access my FSX PC just now but will post more, if needed, later.

Dave

Russel, I haven't read all the posts so you may have an answer already, if not read on.

I recently purchased ES's Treescapes boxed version and I am still waiting for IoM but here's what worked for me after fumbling along like you have been.

Have a read of the PDF manual and hopefully it will tell how to install from a DVD

First disable Internet access, the ES installed tries to "phone home" but of course ES are no longer in business.

Then run through the install process and the installer should pick up the install from the DVD.

I can't access my FSX PC just now but will post more, if needed, later.

Dave

thanks I will try that 

Rich 

Russeler97,

I don't have a DVD of any ES scenery but I did get Isle of Man before it was released as a download on the ESI - I got the early access version that didn't come with an installer so I had to manually add the scenery.

I may be wrong but I am assuming if you have installed it but it's not showing it may just be a case of manually adding the entries in FSX scenery library.

Before doing so, please could you confirm where it is installed on you computer. I.e. C:\Earth Simulations\Isle of Man or something similar.

If you can find that then I can take you through how to add all the relevant bits into FSX to ensure that it displays properly.

Oh yes, also could you check your scenery library in FSX to see if any entries are already there? That's in the settings tab in your main FSX screen.

Stuart Furley

Just checked the manual Rich, and it says the ESI will instruct owners of the DVD how to install.

My install went without a problem once I had disabled Internet connection.

One added note, check out the ES patches as you may see a water spout about a mile from Ronaldsway runway!

Russeler97,

I don't have a DVD of any ES scenery but I did get Isle of Man before it was released as a download on the ESI - I got the early access version that didn't come with an installer so I had to manually add the scenery.

I may be wrong but I am assuming if you have installed it but it's not showing it may just be a case of manually adding the entries in FSX scenery library.

Before doing so, please could you confirm where it is installed on you computer. I.e. C:\Earth Simulations\Isle of Man or something similar.

If you can find that then I can take you through how to add all the relevant bits into FSX to ensure that it displays properly.

Oh yes, also could you check your scenery library in FSX to see if any entries are already there? That's in the settings tab in your main FSX screen.

Yes, it has installed onto my local disk (C:) drive, oh and there is a folder in my fsx scenery library called (ES-SFX)  but I clicked on that last time and clicked OK and then it crashed my FSX and I had to uninstall and re install the entire thing! 

Rich 

Just checked the manual Rich, and it says the ESI will instruct owners of the DVD how to install.

My install went without a problem once I had disabled Internet connection.

One added note, check out the ES patches as you may see a water spout about a mile from Ronaldsway runway!

okay will do, but when I go onto the ESI it says i need to sign in but I don't have an account and can't make on because they are longer trading....  :(  this is so frustrating...  

Rich 

Yes ES-SFX is just one of the files needed. There should be a few more.

Vulcan's suggestions are good - I think that would involve you uninstalling then reinstalling following his instructions.

If you can hold on for an hour or so, I'll put some screenshots of how to add it manually and hopefully that will save you from uninstalling - worth a try anyway!

Stuart Furley

Yes ES-SFX is just one of the files needed. There should be a few more.

Vulcan's suggestions are good - I think that would involve you uninstalling then reinstalling following his instructions.

If you can hold on for an hour or so, I'll put some screenshots of how to add it manually and hopefully that will save you from uninstalling - worth a try anyway!

okay thanks  :smile: also when I had to uninstall and reinstall  that was my hole FSX that i had to uninstall and reinstall for some reason it crashed it! 

well just to let everyone know im going now but I will be back on on Saturday to try and sort it all out, hopefully...  

Rich, you do need to uninstall the ES installer, I also just deleted the ES treescape folders when I had similar problems with treescapes.

If I had read the manual first I don't think I would have got into trouble, apart from the disabling the Internet; that was suggested by flightsimstore forum when I posted with my install problems.