Sign in to follow this  
ggth6756

Installation of Earth simulations Isle of Man boxed edition

Vulcan,

Yes I think that is definately the best way of doing it. Rich, if the way I'm suggesting doesn't work then I think uninstallg IOM then reinstalling using Vulcan's method would be the best solution.

Rich,

Here are some screenshots to show what you should have:

This shows my ES folder - it should have a folder called 'Isle of Man'

ESFileStructure_zps4b039fcc.png

If you go into that folder you should see this structure:

IOSStructure_zps27b8e733.png

In the 'Airports' folder it should look like this:

Airportsfolder_zps49798162.png

If you don't have that then you will definately need to reinstall.

If you do have that then this is the process for getting it installed. Go to the Scenery Library in FSX:

FSXSceneryLibrary_zpsd79d728a.png

In the picture above, all the ticked entries are required for it to function. The order isn't important except that the airports should be at the top. I have 'ES-3D' and ES-SFX' at the very top on mine - these are general files required by all ES products and I think they can go anywhere - I just like mine right at the top!

Click on the 'Add Area' button in the Scenery Library and navigate to your IOM folder as below:

AddScenery_zpsf7106c2e.png

Click once on the bottom folder - 'ES-IOM-TFX' and press OK. This will take you into this folder. Click on the white space and this will then add it into your Scenery Library (this is a bug in FSX with having to click on the white space and you may not have to do that if you have the Steam Edition of FSX).

Selectscenery_zpsdc01d6fa.png

Do this for all 11 entries including the airports, for which you'll need to go into the airports folder and then select each one individually.

I know you have ES-SFX already but you also need the ES-3D file as shown above. If that isn't there then activate that in the same way. It's location should be Earth Simulations\ES-3D as shown in the picture above that shows the folder structure.

I hope this works! Good luck with it. If your files are not like this then you will need to do as Vulcan says and remove all your ES stuff, then reinstall disabling the internet etc... to ensure it uses the DVD's.

Let us know how you get on when you get a chance to have a go. Once it's working you'll love it - one of the finest scenery addons for FSX in my opinion.

Cheers

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Vulcan,

Yes I think that is definately the best way of doing it. Rich, if the way I'm suggesting doesn't work then I think uninstallg IOM then reinstalling using Vulcan's method would be the best solution.

Rich,

Here are some screenshots to show what you should have:

This shows my ES folder - it should have a folder called 'Isle of Man'

ESFileStructure_zps4b039fcc.png

If you go into that folder you should see this structure:

IOSStructure_zps27b8e733.png

In the 'Airports' folder it should look like this:

Airportsfolder_zps49798162.png

If you don't have that then you will definately need to reinstall.

If you do have that then this is the process for getting it installed. Go to the Scenery Library in FSX:

FSXSceneryLibrary_zpsd79d728a.png

In the picture above, all the ticked entries are required for it to function. The order isn't important except that the airports should be at the top. I have 'ES-3D' and ES-SFX' at the very top on mine - these are general files required by all ES products and I think they can go anywhere - I just like mine right at the top!

Click on the 'Add Area' button in the Scenery Library and navigate to your IOM folder as below:

AddScenery_zpsf7106c2e.png

Click once on the bottom folder - 'ES-IOM-TFX' and press OK. This will take you into this folder. Click on the white space and this will then add it into your Scenery Library (this is a bug in FSX with having to click on the white space and you may not have to do that if you have the Steam Edition of FSX).

Selectscenery_zpsdc01d6fa.png

Do this for all 11 entries including the airports, for which you'll need to go into the airports folder and then select each one individually.

I know you have ES-SFX already but you also need the ES-3D file as shown above. If that isn't there then activate that in the same way. It's location should be Earth Simulations\ES-3D as shown in the picture above that shows the folder structure.

I hope this works! Good luck with it. If your files are not like this then you will need to do as Vulcan says and remove all your ES stuff, then reinstall disabling the internet etc... to ensure it uses the DVD's.

Let us know how you get on when you get a chance to have a go. Once it's working you'll love it - one of the finest scenery addons for FSX in my opinion.

Cheers

Stu.

Thanks you for all your help, I went to that folder but there was no Isle of Man folder there and ive uninstalled it and re installed it 4 times now! This is so frustrating, i'm beginning to think ive wasted £10 on this....   :(  

10392320_388353924675299_256750954541831

hmmm that's not too good! But you haven't wasted your money, we'll get it sorted.

OK, how long does it take to install when you install it - just trying to see if any files are being transferred at all. Should take a while I think as it's something like 12gb in size.

Perhaps it is being installed elsewhere - could you do a search for files and folders to see if it is somewhere else on your PC? Just search for Isle of Man or one of the sub-folder names you can see in my top picture.

Do you have ESI installed seperately before you put the DVD in the drive? When you install it, do you do it through ESI or does the DVD have an auto-installer that runs? If so, maybe try installing through ESI but with the internet off so it doesn't look for the files there, as Vulcan suggests.

If you haven't got ESI seperately, you can grab the latest version here: https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/487026-download-esi-2-5

Stuart Furley

hmmm that's not too good! But you haven't wasted your money, we'll get it sorted.

OK, how long does it take to install when you install it - just trying to see if any files are being transferred at all. Should take a while I think as it's something like 12gb in size.

Perhaps it is being installed elsewhere - could you do a search for files and folders to see if it is somewhere else on your PC? Just search for Isle of Man or one of the sub-folder names you can see in my top picture.

Do you have ESI installed seperately before you put the DVD in the drive? When you install it, do you do it through ESI or does the DVD have an auto-installer that runs? If so, maybe try installing through ESI but with the internet off so it doesn't look for the files there, as Vulcan suggests.

If you haven't got ESI seperately, you can grab the latest version here: https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/487026-download-esi-2-5

well it was on 4 disks and it took about an hour to install once it had installed i came up with a message saying "extract and install scenery" so i clicked "yes" and then it extracted the files and installed them (where I don't know) and after all that the ESI installer appeared on my desktop, but I carn't find the files that it said it installed anywhere.... :(

Rich,

On looking at your first pic of ESI on the previous page, it looks like you need to save your settings. Put in your email address and password for ESI in the right hand pane, then click save settings.

Let's see where that gets you and then take it from there.

One other thing to consider is that Darren and Vikki said they would man the helpdesk for as long as possible so you could try that.

https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase

On this page, click Contact Support and then send a message - hopefully they will still be answering.

And here's a link to get you started with ESI.

https://earthsims.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/240198-using-esi-to-install-your-scenery

Stuart Furley

Thanks for that stufer,but the thing is I don't have an earth simulations account and I'm unable to crate an account because they are no longer traiding... I bought the IOM boxed edition from flight store for £10. it was in the clearance... I also contacted the support page, that was two days ago and still no reply...

Stufer, Rich, there should be no need to enter any email or password, that was to register the product when ES was still in business.

Rich, go to control panel ->programs, find ES installer and uninstall it then delete any Earth Simulations folders.

Next disable internet connection and then instal the scenery again. If you still have the ES installer on your system I think that wil keep trying to "call home" and there isn't any home now ;-)

Or wait until my copy arrives and I'll do a step by step install for you or ask on the Flightstore forum for help, they are very good.

Dave

Thanks Dave, yes that sounds like the best plan.

Good luck with it Rich, hope you get it up and running soon.

Cheers

Stu.

Stuart Furley

just an update on things... ive tried  to install without being connected to the internet and this is what happened.... 

1. I put disk one in to the DVD drive and this came up.

10685424_388636881313670_226472940558533

2. I then clicked "next" then this came up.

10436206_388636904647001_655292553839293

3. i then clicked "next" then this came up

10922602_388636951313663_608844712896429

4. i then clicked "next" and it begun to transfer the files

10941859_388637007980324_284966017425150

5. once it was complete this came up so i then clicked "GO"

10420033_388637087980316_298598469304112

6. then this came up

10885029_388637147980310_7278679134654777. then extraction complete came up so i clicked "okay"

10949715_388637197980305_6090920167816298. then after 10 sseconds or so the ESI installer came up automatically

10922844_388637207980304_4265156938165689. so i then clicked "install now" then this came up? "please complete the set up firs"? 

10923381_388637234646968_297066341415867this hole process took just over half an hour to do. but its still not installed onto my fsx...  :( and this was all while i wasn't connected to the internet...  

Rich 

Have you entered your serial code anywhere? I wonder if it is referring to that when it says 'complete setup first'.

In picture 3 there are some dark blue words - 'Register Boxed Product' I think it says. Is it possible to click on that? Perhaps if so then you might be able to enter the serial code in there and that would complete the set up?

Sorry - I know it must be really frustrating, especially as it takes so long each time.

Stuart Furley

Have you entered your serial code anywhere? I wonder if it is referring to that when it says 'complete setup first'.

In picture 3 there are some dark blue words - 'Register Boxed Product' I think it says. Is it possible to click on that? Perhaps if so then you might be able to enter the serial code in there and that would complete the set up?

Sorry - I know it must be really frustrating, especially as it takes so long each time.

when I click on "resister boxed product" it comes up with a page saying "We regret to inform you that Earth Simulations Ltd has ceased trading" and yes i have entered a code when i was connected to the internet but it hasn't asked me for it again....   

Just did a quick search in the main FSX folder and the Earth simulations files seem to be in there but are not showing up on FSX

10407162_388659144644777_303136689711160

but when i start fsx this error comes up ?

10384654_388660194644672_476019046111318

OK, something else to try... before you click on Install Now in ESI, can you go into the Settings tab and just press save at the bottom right. As Dave says, no need to put in email and password, just save the installation paths. Maybe then it will work when you click on Install Now.

I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas! I've never had any problems like this when using ESI and I am thinking it is due to them closing down. It may be worth getting in touch with Flightstore if they are the ones who sold you the DVD and see if they have any ideas (if you haven't already tried that).

Stuart Furley