Sign in to follow this  
AFavors

unable to operate doors

Hello All,

I'm having an annoying new problem, that just arrived out of the blue. I am unable to operate any of the doors (pass or cargo) on any model (200, 300, or Freighter). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. I have all the latest service packs (1c in each), and there was no changes in hardware or software leading up to this problem. Also I cannot use the standby flight display. The gauge is still there, of course, but it is blank. I'm not experiencing this problem with any other PMDG addons, nor have I ever had (or heard) of anything like this before. When I cycle through the door commands on the FMC, It goes from disarm to open, but when open is selected, it does nothing. And close never appears as an option. It goes right back to ARM. For the cargo doors, the same thing. when I select open, nothing happens and close never appears. I even tried the old Shift+E, and still nothing. I don't even get the green message from FSX saying main exit opening/closing. 

Please help 

Do you have advanced animations checked on in FSX as recommended in the Introduction?

Dan Downs KCRP

Are you using saved flights or a pre-SP1 panel state?

Does the same problem occur if you start from Free Flight by selecting aircraft instead of loading a flight? As in starting on runway with engines running?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes. I just selected the aircraft from the selection screen and placed it at the gate. By default my panel state will load in the same condition. Engines off and gpu connected. I don't have any pre-SP1 saved panel states or flights.

Well try a test:  Load the airplane from free flight with default condition (end of runway engines running) and try to operate doors. If they work then the panel state associated with your flight loading at the gate is corrupt.

When we run out of ideas you can open a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.

Dan Downs KCRP

I was actually in the process of doing that. No luck! I even turned the ground operations to auto. Shut down engines and set chocks. When the T7 tried to open the doors, I did get the message from fsx saying the main exit was opening. But it didn't open. Its almost like the open command was wiped from the system. Even still the fmc command never changed.

Yeah, time for a trouble ticket.  Please post the resolution here.

Dan Downs KCRP

Already did, Thanks a lot for your help Dan. I'll be sure to post the resolution when/if we find it. This has to be the weirdest problem I've come across to date. Monday and Tuesday, I flew this aircraft and I had no problems. Late Tuesday night, however, (on my return flight from Rio to Heathrow) I was delayed on departure due to not being able to open the doors. I initially thought it was because ground ops were automatic and I was trying to open the doors after the FO armed them all and was prepping the plan for dep. I ignored the problem and just took off anyway. During the fight is when I noticed the problem with the standby flight display, and realized something else must be wrong. All day yesterday and today have been spent trying to figure this thing out. Hopefully, with any luck,  this great tech team here @PMDG will have me back up and flying in no time. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

New twist to the weirdness... I just went back and attempted to load an older saved flight, and it loaded with the doors open and fully operable. The standby FD works and I've been able to cycle through the door commands, successfully, numerous times. So apparently I can't start a new flight but might can fly an old one!

Hi Aaron;

are you using some weather addon? 

There is a Tab's post here in the forum (which unfortunately I can not find) talking about the weather  injection and possible differences in internal and external pressure of the aircraft, causing the doors do not open.

This may seem strange, but a friend of mine had this problem with the 777. He began the flight loading a REX Theme in FSX. No door opened. When he carried a default weather, everything went back to work.

I hope to have helped.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Yes, I use ASN. But while I was checking multiple aircraft to research the failure. It was not active, and I tried different locations. But thanks for that tip. I will look further into that as well.

If it works on an old flight but not a new one then that points to something corrupt in a panel state file except that you tried with the default panel state. The pressure differential theory falls apart because the dump valves are always open on the ground. This is an interesting one and look forward to your report on what Paul and experts at PMDG find to resolve it.

Dan Downs KCRP