Sign in to follow this  
spirit_66

nVidia 347.25 WHQL driver available now

We do not need.

No SLI and ... no airport lights!

Where is LM?

Why keep blaming LM?? They can do NOTHING about NV's driver issues. When and ONLY when Nvidia decides to release an SLI driver for P3D will we have it. It CANNOT be coded by LM so why keep beating a dead horse. 

Cut LM some slack on this.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Why keep blaming LM?? They can do NOTHING about NV's driver issues. When and ONLY when Nvidia decides to release an SLI driver for P3D will we have it. It CANNOT be coded by LM so why keep beating a dead horse. 

Cut LM some slack on this.

Vic

And what about the lights?

LM can not call Nvidia on this?

If the lights don't work with this driver, doesn't this mean that if someone were to get a GTX 960 (just released), they cannot get the lights to work?

Júnior Silva

Rob A. should have his hands on the P3d 2.5 beta by now, so maybe he can chime in and see if the new driver has any effect on the PAPI lights bug.

All the lights work, except those of the airports.

How is this possible?

Pity, it's a great driver.

According to LM, it's a bug in all the 347 drivers. They are waiting on a revised driver from nVidia with both the bug corrected and an SLI profile added. LM was quoted as saying that this would occur "early in 2015", whatever that means.

Are 3rd party addon airports lights affected too or just default?

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

LM is not responsable of the issues with nvidia's drivers. I don't know their relation with Nvidia even if in this old interview they said: "We partner with AMD and NVIDIA and will continue to do so in the future on leveraging all their products to bring the best experiences we can to our customers" (link: http://www.airdailyx.net/interview-with-lockheed-martin/)

But if nothing change, i will change my Nvidia to an AMD card. :)

I installed the driver NV347.09 (GTX550-Ti) looks ok.
KDTW

NV347-25-KDTW_zpsfccd1dda.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

LM is not responsable of the issues with nvidia's drivers. I don't know their relation with Nvidia even if in this old interview they said: "We partner with AMD and NVIDIA and will continue to do so in the future on leveraging all their products to bring the best experiences we can to our customers" (link: http://www.airdailyx.net/interview-with-lockheed-martin/)

Trust me, you don't want an AMD card for P3D.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I just went from an AMD to Nvidia... Best decision I ever made. AMD just doesn't cut it at all. But, you get what you pay for.

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

Why are people reporting that the runway lights don't work when vonmar has posted a screenshot with the runway lights clearly working?

Ryan

I just went from an AMD to Nvidia... Best decision I ever made. AMD just doesn't cut it at all. But, you get what you pay for.

Let's make a very important distinction here. AMD does perform very well in DX11 game that were design with modern hardware. It actually neck and neck to the Nvidia in many modern games in terms of performance. There is an issue with the AMD drivers/shader in regards to FSX. Nvidia architectural strength is with how they can outperform their competitor when it comes to tessellation. You can read about how Nvidia gameworks dll have been optimized with heavy tessellation in mind (tons of triangles). When a game has been using Nvidia gameworks library, an AMD card will be about 20-30% slower. AMD have been very vocal about how nvidia do this on purpose and its not a very efficient way to design modern graphic. Flight simulator requires a higher number of tessellation processing therefore outperform AMD in that regards. It doesn't mean AMD cards are bad. They are actually on par for less money. If you play other  games that were design with the Mantle API, they run more efficiently with less CPU usage than any nvidia card. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.