Sign in to follow this  
mog

IFly 737 NG FS2 Crew for FS9 CTD

Hi All,

It is I, pain number 1, I was recently given a FS2Crew disc for FS9 for the iFly 737NG, I am operating XP and FS2004 on an elderly laptop, I loaded the FS2crew and then updated it to the new version V2 (was that a mistake?) then I installed SAPI which I obtained from the microsoft website, great, I started FS9 and loaded IFly737 in windowed mode (which I hate!) and then checked in the FS9/views menu all the panels all are there and all work except the main control panel which causes black screen, then after a pause FS9 crashes and a message appears inviting me to report the failure, the same thing happens if I click on the centre of the Stby. horizon.

I've just found a post outlining a similar problem to mine, the solution being to rt click on the config manager and run it as admin, I did look at this but when I rt click on the icon I am not given the "run as admin" option. 

I was very unsure whether to post here or in the CTD forum, my abject apologies if I put this in the wrong place.

Any ideas anybody, my thanks in advance.

mog

Hi All again,

Just a quick update, I re installed direct x today but no change, also I have discovered since I am the only user of the laptop there is no administrator log in, I am he! not only that there are no "users and groups" in computer management so I can't create an administrator log in.

Just thought I'd let you know, any ideas people?

mog 

Hi Brian,

I have fixed it, well to be truthful you have fixed it! I didn't install the visual C ++ but I did uninstall and re install without updating and it's all good now.

Many thanks for your help.

mog