Sign in to follow this  
tonyc

Interesting J41 problem

I really enjoy flying the PMDG J41 and generally I have overcome all its little "oddities"!

However one thing happens every so often I really don't understand.

I will have the aircraft stable in autopilot perhaps in the descent to the arrival airfield and may have set my VS "roller" to -1500ft/min then when I go back to it to readjust the cockpit tip tool I see when pointing to something says Inc/Dec 2 (or up to 7) instead of + or - ft/min,  the aircraft drops like a stone and won't allow me even to put the autopilot back on which has dropped out when I needed to apply a manual recovery from the dive. This has happened a few times and I don't see what I am doing differently to cause it.

Any ideas?

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

First fly the airplane, recover from the upset and try to reengage autopilot when back in trim with no control forces.

Most helpful if you could get from something that  happens every so often to a chain of events that predictably lead to the problem.

Are you using FSUIPC for controls?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for that Dan.

No I don't use FSUIPC for the controls but as a matter of fact I am just trying to look up how to set my Saitek controls for that.

I will certainly watch out for the circumstances next time and report back. I did notice when I had loss of autopilot that thr trim was way out needing back pressure on the yoke to stay level.

Sorry about the name thing I will have a look and see how I can add a signature to these forums.

Thanks again.

Tony Causer