Sign in to follow this  
kaktus018

Call Sign Look-Up tool

Since I haven't found anything comparable, I've created a small tool for looking up call signs. The program uses the ICAO airline designator and resolutes it to the name of the airline and the voice call sign used for ATC communications.

It currently features 998 airlines.

Might be handy for air traffic controllers on Vatsim, IVAO or other networks ;)

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=188395

The program requires NET 4.5.

If you have any wishes for further functions or missing airlines, just post it here.

Good idea, definitely helpful for Vatsim controllers.  I tried to run it but got an error that its not Win32 compatible.  I was running on my second computer which is Windows XP....is this the issue ?  In my control panel it shows I have Net Framework 4 installed but not sure if that also covers 4.5.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

NET 4.5 is not supported by WinXP. However, I just tried running it on Win7 32bit with NET 4.0.3 and it worked just fine.

I can compile a version for NET 4.0 if you need it.

A day late and a dollar short;]It works just fine on my build of XP SP3 32bit.Need more of these types of stand alone utilities for the folks who have no use for the mainstream sims and opt for the freeware sims that do not have the option of pluging in.Sad day when independant developers stoped making stand alone freeware.

Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but frankly, if I have to go and look up the airline ICAO code I might as well look up the callsign directly.

OK, I know British Airways is BAW; but knowing that, it's very likely that I also know the callsign is 'Speedbird', to cite just one example. Who knows all the ICAO codes off by heart for the myriad of less well-known airlines though? If you do, this is the tool for you.

If it worked with the name of the airline it would be SO much more useful...

• Upvote 1

Well, this tool is actually intended for looking up call signs based on the flight number transmitted by the transponder.

Lets say you've got BAW59 on your radar and you don't know what airline this is or what call sign you have to use when contacting this plane. So you type in "BAW" and the tool tells you that this flight is operated by "British Airways" and the call sign is "Speedbird".