Sign in to follow this  
fisheye

Iris software does it again

I bought the C-27 from FSS so I don't know, sorry. I just use on store for simplicity and security reasons. My credit card info was hacked from another FS store two years ago (Don't know which one - I used the credit card on 7-8 differnt places) , and since then I've been very careful. If it isn't on FSS I don't buy.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I bought the C-27 from FSS so I don't know, sorry. I just use on store for simplicity and security reasons. My credit card info was hacked from another FS store two years ago (Don't know which one - I used the credit card on 7-8 differnt places) , and since then I've been very careful. If it isn't on FSS I don't buy.

Thanks for that pointer. I've decided getting any support from Iris itself is a waste of time as I cannot make a purchase or get an answer. So, I'll pass. Not worth the hassles. 

Yep, these small developers have no support staff, and if they have gone skiing for the weekend we're stuck. Another good reason to buy from a retailer, instead of direct. Thing is, those who make a living from addons usually work when I work. I sim late at night, and mostly during weekends. Nothing wrong with it - I don't see how they can do it differently. Try getting support from Microsoft or Apple...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

@simmerhead

Yes, I thought that could have been the case, but surely in this day and age, there are automated check-out systems in place that does not require staff manning. And I also took into consideration it being an Australian website, they'd be away for the long week-end with Australia Day on Monday. I cannot even complete a purchase for 3 items I'm trying to purchase from them, so even if one chooses to support a small developer, one gets thwarted.

Rob, I still can not find a way to upload an image or jpg to my replies.  I click on the Image button in the toolbar but all it does is come up and freeze.  It won't even let me close the popup so I have to do a refresh to clear the popup.  What am I not doing right?  Adding the video was a snap and I have been a computer consultant so I can not figure out why you can do it and I can't.  Norm

Rob, I still can not find a way to upload an image or jpg to my replies.  I click on the Image button in the toolbar but all it does is come up and freeze.

The images I provided are linked to my web site (Image link - they are not uploaded).

You can attach a file (click on More Reply Options) button (below this text box).  Just tested ... hopefully you see that attached file.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Guest
Attachments not allowed for Members

Rob;  No Joy;  on the "more options"  I get three choices,  Enable emoticons, Enable signature, and Follow this topic.  When I click the Image button on the task bar it freezes no mater what I type in to the text area.  I tried "My Media" button but that wants pictures I have uploaded to Avsim.  It must be something in my settings or firewall or ??  causing this to happen.  I give up for now.  Thanks to trying.  Norm

Norm,

Could be a browser issue or anti-virus software or well just about anything to be honest.  

About all I can offer is that I use Chrome and doesn't have any issues with AVSIM web site.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob;  I tried using google chrome on this reply plus turning off my firewall and antivirus.  Nothing seems to help because the only thing that happens is that the image dialog box doesn't freeze and I am able to close it but it doesn't work other than that for uploading an image.  I am at a loss right now.  There must be something easy that I am missing and that is not out of the realm of possibilities at my age of 76.  Thanks again for trying to help.  I even tried the BBCode Mode, Unformat plus Special BBCode to no avail.  Is the Image button the only thing you use to upload an image?  Could you detail your steps so I can make sure I am not missing something simple. Norm

Hi Norm,

You don't want to be touching anything in the above toolbar area.  Try these steps I outline here (red ellipses):

Step 1

http://robainscough.com/images/919a916f4f3b9d3d8a96a4aa8bb3fef9.jpg

Step 2

http://robainscough.com/images/0ebfa72dabb55e4e7aafb01776db7f3b.jpg

Step 3

http://robainscough.com/images/548cc5729f86b17179c2824a19782dc5.jpg

Step 4

http://robainscough.com/images/1aebc92c0f7763fee193fcf981a608e4.jpg

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,  Thanks again for trying to help and obviously there is something wrong in my system.  I click on the Post Options link you circled and I get the menu on the right side of the text box but nothing below that gives me any upload options.  The only thing below the text box is the buttons that say, Add Reply, Preview Post, or Cancel.  For some reason I don't get what you show on your screen in the picture you sent.  I will have to dig into this to find out what is going on and this is even in Google Chrome right now.

PS  when I click on the Post Options it brings up theis other window that is new and I can not see the original posts from others.   fisheye

You can attach a file (click on More Reply Options) button (below this text box). Just tested ... hopefully you see that attached file.

I provided wrong information to Rob on how to post attachments.  The attachment option has been turned off for all members (but obviously not to moderators).  Moderators are not allowed to post attachments either and I will take action to have this option removed.  All images must be linked (see Image Posting Rules under Screenshot Rules).  Apologize profusely for the confusion.  Fisheye has been advised separately of this policy.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10