Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

P3D stop recognizing my Saitek X52

I never had an issue with P3D not recognizing my joystick but tonight after a crash. I only have mouse yoke available. Now on occasion, If I switch to the money bravo plane, the Saitke X52 becomes available but it disappear again If I switch to another plane. I don't use FSUIPC and I never had to use it in the past. I also notice that I have this problem with FSX. The joystick working perfectly fine in X-plane 10 and recognize in Windows 8.1. It connected to an power usb hub and my power management has disable the USB turn off. I don't know what else to do here.

Any help would be appreciated.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

but tonight after a crash.

I would disconnect the X52 entirely.  Shutdown for 1 minute. Reboot into Windows. Wait 5 minutes. Reconnect X52.  Run Saitek's software to see if X52 is recognised. If so run Windows Control Panel/Device Manager/Human Interface Devices and check that X52 appears. Enter P3D and recalibrate the X52.

If it continues to be unrecognisable; plug the joystick into the rear USB connection IO of your computer. Sometimes hubs are not the best things to connect your important devices to, powered or not.

If that fails reinstall the Saitek driver.  In the event even that fails ... I guess buy CH or ThrustMaster. :lol:  

lol @ appliance. I love the way you think about CH or Thrustmaster. Either way I had a cable that was slightly loose. It's all good now. Window had no issue with it but FSX did. weird.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.