Hi,

recently, out of the blue, whenever I use my joystick to pan around the cockpit or external view, it pans extremely sluggish and because of this, stutters. Even though I am getting a clean 30 or 40 fps constantly. It's odd because it literally started to happen when I restarted my sim. If I hold spacebar and move my mouse to pan, everything is smooth and looks great, but obviously I much prefer to use my joystick for the panning as its easy to do while flying.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Is it a camera.cfg fix? Something else....

Really hoping for some insight. I've attached a video showing you what I am talking about, its hard to tell from the video, but the panning is sluggish, and does stutter and its not to the 30 or 40 fps it displays in the corner. 

I run at 4Ghz with a 580GTX,

Many thanks!

By the way, ignore the crazy textures, easy fix.

http://vid379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/simmingaccount/IMG_0754_zpsa2elqlsa.mp4

Try installing the 337.88 nVidia drivers from May 2014.  They are on the nVidia Website.  Read my post on this topic here on Avsim.  Turn off Threaded Optimization as well.  See if that helps.  The reason this "recently" started happening may be due to the nVidia drivers being modified to handle the new 9-series of cards.  I had all kinds of stuttering and break apart on my triple monitors triple PC system in XPlane 10 until I got onto the 'old drivers' fix.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

By the way, ignore the crazy textures, easy fix.

Dos this only happen when your plane is half buried in the landscape?  :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Looks like you are at las vegas in your video... you are submersed because the altitude is incorrect at the Las Vegas airport you are using.  You need to use the XPlane WED editor to correct it.  Or purchase the payware from tom curtis (Glitter Gulch)

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Try installing the 337.88 nVidia drivers from May 2014.  They are on the nVidia Website.  Read my post on this topic here on Avsim.  Turn off Threaded Optimization as well.  See if that helps.  The reason this "recently" started happening may be due to the nVidia drivers being modified to handle the new 9-series of cards.  I had all kinds of stuttering and break apart on my triple monitors triple PC system in XPlane 10 until I got onto the 'old drivers' fix.

Robert Yes this!

Was going nuts trying to figure out how is it possible to have high FPS and stutters together  all of a sudden and rolling back fixed it so a big thanks even though Im FSX-SE its the same principle 

ZORAN

Robert Yes this!

Was going nuts trying to figure out how is it possible to have high FPS and stutters together  all of a sudden and rolling back fixed it so a big thanks even though Im FSX-SE its the same principle 

Well that's great news!  Glad it worked out for you.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Wanted to report back after more testing. UUEE-JFK PMDG 777

opus heavy snow, thick cloud climb out on route...stutter free

Turned off Threaded Optimization as well, smooth as silk. Your findings should be made a sticky across all platforms , there must be hundreds of hard core add on simmers struggling and they will not find the solution buried in the fsx.cfg or the xplane /pmdg versions

ZORAN

Wanted to report back after more testing. UUEE-JFK PMDG 777

opus heavy snow, thick cloud climb out on route...stutter free

Turned off Threaded Optimization as well, smooth as silk. Your findings should be made a sticky across all platforms , there must be hundreds of hard core add on simmers struggling and they will not find the solution buried in the fsx.cfg or the xplane /pmdg versions

That's not a bad idea.  My buddy and myself both spent a LOT of time grappling with this.  I will approach Tom Allensworth on this.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

In had also struggled with stutters until trying this fix in P3d. It really works even though it was developed for X plane. How it works I don't know but it made a difference to my P3d. Thank you and no more OOM's

Nelson

I have written a PM to Tom Allensworth and asked him to consider making my 'fix' a 'sticky' here on AVSIM.

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg