Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

How the S550 went from being a frustration, to one of my faves.

I had so many issues with this aircraft soon after getting it.   I wanted to love it (loved the visuals, sounds, and hand flying character from the outset) but problems caused me to uninstall it.

A week later and I'd say it's already one of the favourites in my hanger - so I just thought I'd share "what changed" :-

1). I changed from a AMD HD 7850 2GB, to a Nvidia GTX 670 2GB.  'Nuff said on that. :smile:

2). I followed Bert Pieke's panel mod to add a ridiculously well placed GTN750 into the MFD, and as a pop up ;-

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460222-gtn-750-intergration-in-mfd/?p=3159559

114.jpg

3). I removed the (poor excuse for a) FMS, from the pedastal as the F1 GTN750 made it redundant.   I added the blanking plate that comes with the RealityXP 430/530 packages :-

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460482-using-the-gtn-instead-of-the-default-fmc-you-might-want-this/

214.jpg

4). I used BeaverDriver's tip to download AirEd and change the ITT value (I use 2100), to stop the persistant hot starts :-

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460307-hot-start-fix/

5). I adjusted the Power Scalar in the aircraft.cfg to this, to give more realistic T/O roll and climb performance;-

[jet_engine]
thrust_scalar= 1.15

..........and that's it.  I'd also recommend removing "cmeteoxml.dll" from the DLL.XML and FSX.CFG files, but this is not quite as critical to performance as first thought.

==========================

And now, two gratuitous screenshots from the S550 ;-

love looking back at the wing (TrackIR user here), and main left wheel, when on approach.  The small wheel and assembly makes you realize this jet IS a GA aircraft, not an airliner!

313.jpg

....and the view from the office, now she's all patched up and running great;

414.jpg

There are still bugs, and of course Carenado have said they will integrate the F1 GTN750 into the panel (in full size) which will be spectacular in this aircraft.   Hopefully they will address the niggly systems bugs that always come with Carenado first releases.   But already, I can really enjoy this plane now even as it is.

Cheers.

Guest BeaverDriver

Nice work Craig. There is hope here. I too have the GTN installed and it's great. Hopefully Carenado does do a full screen fix for that. Thanks for posting this info.

Now you need my EADI mod, and you'll like it even more

:P

Got it ......... and I do !

Many of us were early 'nay-sayers' but with the tweaks it really made a difference.

If Carenado follows through with the F1GTN integration, that will be a nice touch.

Good Flying!  :Big Grin:

5). I adjusted the Power Scalar in the aircraft.cfg to this, to give more realistic T/O roll and climb performance;-

[jet_engine]
thrust_scalar= 1.15

Dear Craig, great modification, now it climbs and cruises as it should.

Is there a way to reduce a bit the ground rolling tendency once parking brakes are released (accelerates a bit on its own at idle thrust) like a drag from tires equivalent or something ?

I really like the engines as they perform now with this setting, would not change them back, just need something to save a bit on the brake pads :P

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440