Sign in to follow this  
altack

Basler BT-67 v2 related files ?

Hi Guys,

as I recently found the amazing Basler BT-67 v2 freeware by Manfred Jahn, Daniel Fuernkaess, Alexander M. Metzger and Hansjoerg Naegele, I dug this rather old thread:
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/378810-basler-bt-67-turbo-conversion-dc-3-released/

Unfortunateley, all dropbox links to related files are now obsolete.

Is there any chance to grab somewhere these files ?
the HD-gauges version 3 update (BT67_HD_GAUGES_r3.zip)
the spray effect (BT-67_Sprayeffect.zip)
the ready to print checklist (Basler%20BT67%20Checklist.pdf)
No luke so far with Google, perhaps someone in here got these files saved somewhere ?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Francois

Francois Mavel

Hi Francois

It seems no-one has answered you, but I am, having discovered your post only now, and I can help. Firstly there is an extensive "Documents" folder in the Basler BT-67 v2.0 download that will help you start the aircraft and plan a flight. I cannot find the "ready to print checklist (Basler%20BT67%20Checklist.pdf)" you indicate other than the mentioned PDF's. Here are links to the HD gauges v3 and spray effects, along with a more accurate sound pack. These are linked to my Box online storage. Read all documentation carefully to have a succesful install and update.

(Some of the links refuse to post from Box, for some strange reason. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll drop the links in a reply email)

You may also be interested in a project I was involved with, and using the help of the same team that designed the Basler. I am South African, and we have the Braddick project here in our SAAF, with modified DC3's and turbo prop engines. The teams involved helped me realise a model that represented our TP Daks, as we call them. My team along with the Basler team are listed in the readme's. The main difference visibly between the Basler and Braddick, is round engine nacelles on the Braddick, side draught exhaust on the Braddick, compared to the Basler, longer extension forward of the wing root to cockpit on the Braddick to the Basler, and the original main wingtips retained from the DC3 on the Braddick, the Basler are squared off. Anyway you can read the full history in the readme's between Jahn and myself. Two links to the base model here

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=170403

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15820/fsx-braddick-dc-3tp-c-47tp-turbo-dakota/

And some add-ons I have in my Box account, an HD panel adn updated sound (this latter link will also not post here, as above. Send me a PM for an email address).

https://app.box.com/s/gntlrp599eavbzdeem6uae7uy9d9h51t                        (HD Panel for both Braddick and Basler)

Hope this helps you and you see my reply to your request.

Cheers

Tried again to add links from Box, four of them refuse to embed. Strange that only one above did ?????

[EDIT] Finally, regenerated the share link, and it's working. This is the Braddick add-on sound

https://app.box.com/s/g39f91qixxy91p6f24meehdwgc7o4r1e

Spray Effects

https://app.box.com/s/c00x93qra67k6cny9nlqz9htbpmfcksb

Basler add-on sound

https://app.box.com/s/94aiyis2zxtn2so2d75603eq67sao49t

Basler HD Gauges r3

https://app.box.com/s/mvkufviuhiay4evc3ijqua64evi08jfo

• Upvote 1

I see a large number of people finding the links and downloading the files. I get notifications of the downloads. Hope you are all enjoying both aircraft. Jahn and team also make a great pure DC3.

Fly well and fly high.

Regards

Hi screwbottle (sorry but I don't know your real name),

I am one of the guys, who downloads your files. I have the Manfred Jahn DC 3 and some of the upgrades, but none of the ones that you so generously offer here to the community. I found some before at sim-outhouse, but although I am a member there for over six years, they did not allow me to download any of them. I have written to sim-outhouse admin, but never received a response

Many thanks for your links,

Bernd

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi Bernd

Sorry, showing my bad manners, and I should know better coming from the older generation (55). I should have signed off with my real name, Andrew Brown, you'll find it listed in the files with my team that helped, along with Jahn's team, of the Braddick, the South African Airforce version of the turboprop Dakota.

That's great, glad I could share with what seems to be now missing out there in the wild. The files will remain in place for as long as my Box account runs (i.e when I'm dead and flying in the ultimate "air space"). I have the same issue at Sim-Outhouse, also a long standing member. It seems that something goes wrong with either their server, or our parts of the world connecting to it. I send them emails and they fix it, they truly do, and it works for a while, then falls over. So they are always on a backburner for me, as a store or resource for good quality material. So I focus on a local site AvCom, both real world and virtual aviation, and then AVSIM and FlightSim.com. I am also a member of two virtual aviation clubs here in our province called Gauteng. One at Swartkops Airforce base VACS, and one on Kempton Park SIMSA.

So I'm glad to at least help out the communtiy in my small part. Have a great day

Regards

Andrew Brown

Hello Everyone

It's been two years now since I posted about the Braddkick. Many downloads later as well. I've since created one big file of all of the re-paints, effects, sounds etc, a one stops shop of the complete aircraft covered in separate files in the above links, compared to the FlightSim.com and FlyAwaySimulations.com link of the model. It is now 91.4MB to download. So for those that find these posts here, this is the Box link to download it.

Once again enjoy and have fun with it. As a matter of interest, i have since moved over to Prepar3D Academic 64bit since version 2.5, now at version 3.4.22. and I have thouroughly tested this model in it, and currently cannot see any issues. I've done a few edits to make sure all textures are true .dds (DXT5) files, and in the aircraft.cfg with info to suit the way P3D uses this info in the manager, all in this link below. This will then allow you to find the model in P3D under 'Braddick' 'Manfred Jahn' or 'DC-3 TP' 

https://app.box.com/s/jfofwl1wahkb79kjxxxjdawj689lnld8

Cheers

Andrew Brown

• Upvote 1

Hello again

Apologies for the inconvenience, I have updated some more small things to the main zip file of the Braddick aircraft yesterday, link above in my post. I have replaced the thumbnails of the Buffalo and the U.S. Navy grey repaints (missing in this last one), this for the FSX users, as P3D does not care for the thumbnails now, and then just corrected and updated the readme.txt files to include Prepar3D info.

Otherwise, the link remains the same. I saw one person download this yesterday. I would advise if you want to, to re-download it again, again apologies.

Regards

Andrew Brown

• Upvote 1

Andrew, she is very much a DC3. Lovely model. But the textures don't work for me in P3Dv4. I will work on the files and let you know how it goes. Unless you know of someone who has gotten the plane to work in v4.

Curtis Renshaw

Intel Core i9 10900K | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Mother Board | 64GB Team Group UD4-3200 DDR4 RAM | 1TB Samsung HD103SI SSD | 1TB Western Digital WDS100T3XHC-00SJG0 SSD | 6TB Seagate ST6000DM003-2CY186 HDD | 4TB Seagate ST4000DM004-2CV104 HDD | Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S. | Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals | FSX-SE | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS2020

Hi Andrew,

I just can confirm Curtis findings. No textures in p3d v4. As the Basler is working fine it must be something related to your package (which honestly I could not find out up to now either ;) ).

One thing that does not work in p3d v4 is the fuel transfer. Otherwise I don't see issues yet.

Cheers

Thorsten

Wow, can't believe I had never replied previously. I have the Basler working perfectly in P3Dv4.5. I have also, since, joined Buffalo Airways Virtual as technical officer and have created a couple additional liveries (Kenn Borek Air Ltd. C-FBKB & C-GJKB).

Hope all is well with you, Andrew.

Wonderful work.

BFL4869.png

Intel Core i9 10900K | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Mother Board | 64GB Team Group UD4-3200 DDR4 RAM | 1TB Samsung HD103SI SSD | 1TB Western Digital WDS100T3XHC-00SJG0 SSD | 6TB Seagate ST6000DM003-2CY186 HDD | 4TB Seagate ST4000DM004-2CV104 HDD | Logitech G933 Gaming Headset | Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S. | Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals | FSX-SE | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS2020