Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Can't wait to try HoloLens with P3D!

Yes, great!

That means in the end that we do not need any hardware!

No Joysitck, no switch panels, etc.

We could control the cockpit directly!

If this will become reality ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incredible! I'll take 2 of those, please. And cancel my order for the OR. Oculus has been made obsolete. ;o) Of course, the proof will be in the pudding.

regards,

old news.... just ask Tony Stark. ha ha

And I thought it was cool when I got my homemade FreeTrack system working ... and then said, "Nah, not for me."

This, though, I could get into.

Popup ads are going to be downright scary, and even more annoying, with this. By that same token, I can imagine the April Fools, and Halloween pranks will be absolutely brilliant though. 

Jazz

Oh, and it has the great advantage that with that CPU and GPU power you where wearing onto your head, you have always warm ears ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

But... will it be affordable for regular consumers?

I wonder if this could be applied to the field of Aviation. I think the engineering and piloting side of it could benefit a lot from it (maybe even remove the need for HUDs in aircraft?). Once this technology matures, I think it has a very bright and long future ahead.

Oh, and it has the great advantage that with that CPU and GPU power you where wearing onto your head, you have always warm ears ...

:lol: Not to forget the HPU (holographic processing unit) :blink:

Nice try, microsoft. The demo video looks good, but unfortunately "too good".

IMO nothing new BTW, but something like a self fulfilling prophecy. Apple also wants to make us belive that they invented the telephone, the jelly button style, round edges and now even being the inventors of watches in general... Generations of inventors of the last centuries would have thousands of reasons to intervene!

All a bit ridiculous that comes out of these companies' think tanks. Probably caused by "isolation symptom" side effects?!

And the Holo Lens demo video is actually a look at the work of e.g. "Adobe after effects" artists spending endless nights of video compositing, masking, tracking etc. and combining the output of programs like "cinema 4D" with real world footage taken on some location scout's exquisite home locations...

In earlier days it was mandatory to imprint "simulated images" on occasions like this, but that "fake-ism" seems to be (made) socially acceptable in the meantime.

In fact I actually like the "physicalization" of that old idea though, but some kind of saying "finally we made come true what millions of people were dreaming/thinking of already for a long time" would have fitted the inventor's appearance much better.

Coming on stage and saying "here is something only we could have imagined" is some kind of Apple-ism which is... ridiculous and counterproductive for microsoft. :unsure:

If you're insinuating this is some sort of vapourware... :P

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/microsoft-hands-on/

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/01/hands-on-with-hololens-making-the-virtual-real/

http://gizmodo.com/project-hololens-hands-on-incredible-amazing-prototy-1680934585/

I concede to jazzfans points about some of the alternate uses...and mis-uses! Pop-up ad -> into brick wall...

We are so nerdy

we've met ?

actually I bet this holo stuff will induce headaches

Awesome! Just like Iron Man

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

actually I bet this holo stuff will induce headaches

+1 B) 

Where "inducing" hits the nail on the head because "magnetic induction" might have some side effects. But probably it will be possible to use the device for MRI also, to permanently monitor the user's brain world. In v2 there might be a write function also "thinkable"...  :blink: 

REM: recent neurologic science discoverd that the brain's communication works primarily via the chemical messengers and the electromagnetics are just indicating the "traffic" but not its contents...