Sign in to follow this  
WarHorse47

Traffic warning

Just completed a nice flight into Boeing Field.  As I made my ILS approach I got a traffic alert warning. 

I could not shut off the alert warning even after deactivating the TCAS.

Even after I landed and started to taxi, the warning continued despite my attempts to shut it off.  I'm not sure what triggered it in the first place, but the function is useless if it goes off at any nearby ai traffic (such as boat traffic in Elliott Bay??).

Might there be a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

--WH

try cycling through the warning test knob on the left side of the cockpit and play all the warning sounds until it stops, thats what i do it seems to work most of the time

I am getting the same issue.  I know one of the earlier aircraft had that problem (B1900) but that was fixed in SP.  I looked through the sound file and there is no traffic alert sound.  I was going to disable it and go on.  I am going to try a few more flights and see what happens.  Any suggestions would help

In case you guys just want to silence the sound (e.g. by replacing it with another file, being silent), look for P100_Traffic.wav in the Sound\Carenado\CarSoundC550 folder.

Deleting might also work but I found that some gauges then come up with an error message because they couldn't find this or that file.

Now, first of all, stay clear of traffic! ^_^

Traffic warnings go off even when traffic is not afactor -  even 10k feet above or below! Very annoying when trying to work with ATC. The glideslope warning starts as soon as you tune in the ILS before you ever intercept the GS. This has not always been a problem but I am not sure when it started. Makes a otherwise nice IFR aircraft unuseable!

I7 7700K  4.4GHz | GTX 1080  | Samsung 28" 4k Monitor | Maximus IX Hero MB | Samsung M.2  SSD 500GB X2 | Corsair H110i | 32GB DDR4 3600 | Windows 10 | FSX Accel | Eclipse Yoke | CH Throttle Quad |  Saitek Pedals