Sign in to follow this  
adit_aviator

Regarding the latest update

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.  Your account history now has active download links for past purchases regardless of date.  In the future, probably many months from now, you will be able to download product via OC.

David:  You can have the 777 active on both FSX and FSXSE on the same machine, concurrently. Same license and EULA.

I was actually thinking about installing FSX Steam until someone told me that FSX and FSXSE on the same machine can cause problems.

This was confirmed by a Frroogle video as well.

You are having no problems with both FSX and FSXSE on the same machine?

Rob Robson

And I suppose I need to reinstall all liverys after installing theese?

Downloaded and started install with the 200 , and now it ask if I want to repair and uninstall the 777-200!
Is this not just an update?

Short Question : Is it enough to run the "repair" function from the Installer or do i need to uninstall and reinstall again comple?

Greetings

Michael Nikel

fslabs_banner.png

I was actually thinking about installing FSX Steam until someone told me that FSX and FSXSE on the same machine can cause problems.

This was confirmed by a Frroogle video as well.

You are having no problems with both FSX and FSXSE on the same machine?

I tested PMDG 77X in FSX/FSXSE concurrently and FSX only on same workstation, but separate hard drives although I cannot imagine whey being on same drive would be any different or would be a problem.

Is it enough to run the "repair" function from the Installer or do i need to uninstall and reinstall again comple?

The topics before you were talking about liveries... so in that context I'm not sure I understand your question. Guess the question was too short LOL

Dan Downs KCRP

FSX:SE is the same as FSX. Why bother installing the same thing again and have more frustration and problems to solve? As well as having the additional overhead of running Steam.

It seems quite a lot of long time FSX users on AVSIM are moving or thinking of moving to FSX:SE. What is the attraction?

ki9cAAb.jpg

I am hoping on a more stable FSX version (less CTD, freezes, maybe an official DX10, better GPU driver compatibility, Windows 8-10 compatibility, etc)........I know we are not going 64bit).

If that is Dovetales goal as well (besides making money) then I am all in......if not, then I agree and we can all stay on Win7 with FSX as we have it.

The idea of installing FSXSE now, would be to slowly transition and get used to the changes, while still being able to fly my fav aircraft over my fav sceneries on FSX pre-Steam.

Rob Robson

Binford, on 25 Jan 2015 - 4:52 PM, said:

Is it enough to run the "repair" function from the Installer or do i need to uninstall and reinstall again comple?

The topics before you were talking about liveries... so in that context I'm not sure I understand your question. Guess the question was too short LOL

I just don't wanted to open a new Topic for that. Just a genereal question regarding the Update. Is it enough to use the repair function from the new Installer to install the update oder do i have to uninstall und reinstall?

Greetings

Michael Nikel

fslabs_banner.png

Michael, I don't know if you are a current 777-FSX user and you are adding 777-FSXSE or if you are not adding FSXSE. Problem is there are at least four combinations.

Basically, the new installer is not an update to the product but only a new installer to accomodate FSXSE users. Generally this is not something that is accomplished with REPAIR. I hope I helped.

Dan Downs KCRP

What i understand is that the new Update / Installer is for those who use FSX-SE. There is no need to update for FSX Users. Right?

But iam confused because in the OC i got a message that there is an Update for me (FSX User) with a different Build Nr compared to my installed version. So is there anything new also concerning FSX Users?

Just to get rid of the Update Message in OC i downloaded the new Installer. I choose "repair" and OC now says i'am fine with the current Version.

Greetings

Michael

fslabs_banner.png

I am hoping on a more stable FSX version (less CTD, freezes, maybe an official DX10, better GPU driver compatibility, Windows 8-10 compatibility, etc)........I know we are not going 64bit).

If that is Dovetales goal as well (besides making money) then I am all in......if not, then I agree and we can all stay on Win7 with FSX as we have it.

The idea of installing FSXSE now, would be to slowly transition and get used to the changes, while still being able to fly my fav aircraft over my fav sceneries on FSX pre-Steam.

As Dovetail can't change the FSX code I'm not sure how any improvement in running can be achieved. But a clean install in a new location might make a difference. I rarely get CTDs so I'm not in search of a solution.

I worry existing FSX users are buying FSX:SE because it's new and that implies it's different. Even Dovetail aren't claiming such a thing.

ki9cAAb.jpg