Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

In memorium - PMDG Extended Download Service: March 15, 2006-January 23, 2015

Please, help me to get rid of my ignorance.

If I purchase now the 777 full installer, then...

1. Is it compatible with FSX-SE?

2. Is it possible to keep the installer on a external drive or DVD for future use in case I reformat my computer?

I appreciate very much any answer.

Healthy 2015!

Rafael

Thank you Marek. That is good news. Some companies only let us install live from their servers and never let us to download the installers. That is the reason I asked.

I keep my installers for everything on 3 external drives plus extra DVDs and BlueRays in different places just in case.

Have a super nice flight!

I'm going to miss EDS in the same way that late night talk show hosts mourned the change in Mayorship in Toronto.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry but I won't miss you EDS, you were very tardy and unreliable where timings were concerned.

The last time I had a meeting planned with you, it took you 4 days to show up .......  :lol:

2. Is it possible to keep the installer on a external drive or DVD for future use in case I reformat my computer?

Healthy 2015!

Rafael

Rafael, there is so much misinformation on Marek's post that I don't even know where to start. As of today, the 777 installer in indeed compatible with FSX-SE. Besides that, yes, it is a great practice to keep a backup of your installers for future use. That said, if you need it for any reason (failed backup, hd crash) you can download it from the PMDG website, free of charge as of today too...

Cheers!

Stefano-

Thank you for playing backup on that one.

I took Marek's post out because it was **rather** misinformed.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Healthy 2015!

Rafael

Rafael,

Yes, to both questions.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In all honesty, welcome to 2015.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

"EDS" is a memorable name...I worked for a great company also had a name "EDS - Electrion Data Systems" for many years, and it was annexed by someone in 2009... Now it is turned to THE EDS...