Sign in to follow this  
sjgold

AI / ATC Questions/Sugestions

I hope my questions are not considered spam... Just have a lot of them right now....

So I want to get some AI into the sim, but I want it to be responsive to ATC...

I guess the question is What AI package to get and does stock ATC handle this or do I need some form of an ATC add on.

Very new to AI and ATC so feel free to answer like I am 5....

I'm nowhere near ready for vatsim or that other service with real controllers in the CA area.

You don't need any extra packages just to get started. Base FSX has an ATC system and AI aircraft which will interact with it. In order to see all this:

1. Set GA and/or Airline Traffic Density to something above 0% (say 40%) in Settings\Display Traffic
  2. Make sure you have Voice set to your required output sound device in Settings\Sound
  3. Check Auto-Open ATC window and Use A Pilot Voice in Settings\General

There are other associated options in Settings. Good idea to read up on the ATC section of the Learning Centre.

These are the basics. However, default FSX ATC/AI does have some shortcomings, and it is likely that at a later stage you will want to look at addon packages that improve the experience. There are packages which provide more realistic airline traffic, others which allow you to interact with FSX ATC by voice, and still others that replace the default ATC system with something nearer real life.

These are the basics. However, default FSX ATC/AI does have some shortcomings, and it is likely that at a later stage you will want to look at addon packages that improve the experience. There are packages which provide more realistic airline traffic, others which allow you to interact with FSX ATC by voice, and still others that replace the default ATC system with something nearer real life.

Could you expand on this with suggestions or pointing me to add on that do the replacement of the ATC system, and the best package for AI realism.

Could you expand on this with suggestions or pointing me to add on that do the replacement of the ATC system, and the best package for AI realism.

The only ones that I use myself are Multi Crew Experience, which allows you to interact with default FSX ATC by voice, and Edit Voice Pack, which allows you to change default FSX ATC terminology. So probably better I leave it to others to tell you about the ATC addons that they use.

As for AI traffic which provide real world airlines, there are several choices:

1. Ulitimate traffic 2 which is payware.

2. World Of AI, a freeware.

3. My Traffic X another payware.

As for ATC:

1. Editvoicepack which improves the default ATC by speeding the voices and making sound much better. Also, it adds airlines and airports names so the default ATC can pronounce them. It will, also, add new terminology.

2. Radar Contact.

3. Pro Flight Emulator.

4. Voxatc.

5. Proatcx.

6. Online flying, VATSIM or IVAO.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205