Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[24JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility and Other Juicy News...

The PMDG 737NGX and the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion have been getting some low rate work behind the scenes in order to move some updates from the 777 development cycle back into the NGX product line.  This update process has accelerated of late, and we found a way to de-conflict the developer time from the upcoming 747-400 release- and this caused the process to leap forward rather quickly.

As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements.  I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777.

So what you're saying is its taken you a month and a half to update the 777, and you're also implying that you've done nothing, or almost nothing - with the PMDG NGX.

*claps sarcastically*

Michael Law

Dear PMDG Team,

Please excuse me if the following question was already answered but I couldn't find anything on that matter.

Will the J41 get the weather radar too?

Cheers Jan 
5800X3D | Asus Strix 3080TI OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws | 1T + 250GB Samsung 960 Evo | Windows 10 | MSFS

Thank you, PMDG. Well, in fact I hoped that in the 777 SP1d the problem of the missing THR REF indication when doing full G/A thrust go arounds would be fixed  :mellow:

James Goggi

Thank you for the update. I am currently redownloading the PMDG 777-200LR/F and the 777-300ER Expansion Pack. I also updated the Notification Center.

EDIT: The download is finished for all and is extracted. I am a bit busy so I'll install it in around 2 hours time.

Júnior Silva

"I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777."

Wow

Thanks for the update, duel installed without a hitch :)

Doogie

This may be a dumb question but from where will I be able to download the 777's? Also do I have to download an updated Add-on Manager or will the existing one suffice? :(  :ph34r:  :wacko:  :blush:

Matt-

I have an entire thread with the current round of information for Xplane.  You can find the latest information in that location.

As information changes, it gets updated.  If there is nothing new to add, it won't change...  Pretty easy to keep track of changes that way.

Well Can we not get a explanation on 60 day announcment.

Can i ask if there is any news for us DVD people?

My 777 base package is DVD but the rest i can get via account on website.

I am planning a complete reinstall after PMDG and ASN have the updates ready, so i have to wait anyway.

Hello, I have not taken any action on installing the updates on the 777 as yet and they are within the OC waiting to be actioned.  In the meantime I am unable to gain access to the 737ngx liveries manager or livery installer, can anyone advise. Thanks.

Sorry my ignorance but I am still getting "U dont have FSX installed" message ( I dont have FSX...only FSX ES).....I longed in to my account /previous order downloaded the base 777 and expansion...still telling me can found valid FSX install....definitely I am doing something wrong....maybe little early in the morning...and little too exited......please advise....

Peter

Forgot to say I do have PMDG 737 and 777 all versions in FSX windows 7...this new I am trying to install in my Windows 8.1 FSX ES

Probably doing something wrong but I have downloaded the files from the PMDG website and when I go to install it doesnt give me any option to install to FSX:SE. The attached readme file mentions steam edition but not the installer. Downloaded it about 2 hrs ago.

Cheers

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

Successfully bought, downloaded and installed on FSX SE! Works great, looks awesome.

I'm going to do that Tutorial flight now. Thanks guys!

I managed to install it without any problem. I first uninstalled the PMDG 777-200LR and 777-300ER (all SP1c) and then reinstalled it (all SP1d). Both installed without any problems on both platforms. I installed some of the liveries without a problem. I even tested it a little bit and I have no problems in my end. I got a screenshot of the British Airways 777-300ER (taken in FSX SE on DX10 without the DX10 Fixer). This shows New York (default).f0neoi.jpg

Júnior Silva