Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[24JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility and Other Juicy News...

Anyone got any tips for allowing activation in FSX:SE under Win8.1? Can't get anything to show up despite the aircraft loading (but with dark cockpit, no landing gear etc).

I know it's not a supported OS so I'll see if there's any tips before I log an official support ticket with PMDG.

Anyone got any tips for allowing activation in FSX:SE under Win8.1? Can't get anything to show up despite the aircraft loading (but with dark cockpit, no landing gear etc).

I know it's not a supported OS so I'll see if there's any tips before I log an official support ticket with PMDG.

I have the same problem in win7,64bit. Dark cockpit , no wheels, no activation request.

I have P3D elsewhere in my system, could that be interfering?

John Anderson

Ditto

Having same problem here. No undercarrage / Engines and Cold and Dark flight deck. Also was not asked for an activation key which I find strange? I have only FSX-SE installed onto Widows 7 platform. Installation seemed to run smoothly.

Did I cause this problem by loading the aircraft before udating the Ops Centre?

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Duncan Gillespie

I to am having issues reinstalling the T7 in FSX original box. lastnight II downloaded both 777-200 and the 300 expansion and decided to wait until today to install . During install I was prompted to uninstall my previous version of the 777-200 which I did. Upon reinstallation I was to select FSX original Box or FSX-SE. Since I use the original box version  this is what I choose. The installation appeared to have gone fine unitl I tried to install the 777-300 expansion and got an error message that the "777-200LRF base package does not appear to be installed for one of your sims..." I doubled checked the OC to see if it was loaded with the new version and it is. I also successfully rebuild my liveries.

I then loaded FSX so it would register new  modules,  and I would check to see how and if it operates in FSX. From the selection of aircrafts, everything  looked fine until I loaded one and got no response from my mouse. I closed FSX and tried to reinstall the 777-300 expansion again and got the exact same error message.

I deceided to uninstall/reinstall the 777-200LRF, checked the OC for version...looked good..i.e, 1.10.6320. Loaded up FSX and finally, my mouse and views etc are all working again.... However, the problem I still have is I cannot get my 777-300 expansion to install. It keeps coming back with the same error ( "777-200LRF base package does not appear to be installed for one of your sims....")

I have an open ticket with PMDG for an ongoing problem with the OC not showing any liveries to download. So decided to log my new issue on that same ticket.  Ryan has been doing a good job assisting me and I'm confident he and the rest of PMDG staff will help me find a resolutiuon. Thanks guys and looking forward to flying again...

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Will we every get an update about the DC6 between the announcement 3 years ago or will we hear nothing for 1000 days, that must be a record somehow.

The only thread about it , 42 pages long, has just been locked because one person suggested the thread was getting old :blink:  

-Iain Watson-

I did not even read this. Just did ctrl+f 'X-Plane' but nothing ..  :huh:  <_<

I did not even read this. Just did ctrl+f 'X-Plane' but nothing ..  :huh:  <_<

I thought I was the only one.

You've got a pretty full desk indeed Robert, well me to but nothing to important though... :P

so if I understood well all comments on this post, for future installations of this PMDG777, Would I only have to install this latest update completely discarding the previous base installer and their respective service packs (777-200LR and 777-300ER)?

Thanks for solving my question.  :rolleyes:

Happy flights to all  ^_^

Iván Guerrero

tumtiddle, on 25 Jan 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Make sure the activation window is not hiding behind the FSX window? 

Make sure the activation window is not hiding behind the FSX window? 

Already checked that one. It appears that the PMDG DLLs can't find/validate the SimConnect DLLs and this is causing my issues but I don't know if this a Windows 8.1 issue or not.

Already checked that one. It appears that the PMDG DLLs can't find/validate the SimConnect DLLs and this is causing my issues but I don't know if this a Windows 8.1 issue or not.

Hmm... I use 8.1 without issue, but have yet to try FSX-SE.  Maybe support can help you. 

Im glad we are getting improvments for the NGX (WX Radar) !

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

So what you're saying is its taken you a month and a half to update the 777, and you're also implying that you've done nothing, or almost nothing - with the PMDG NGX.

*claps sarcastically*

Michael Law

Considering that real Boeing 777 customers typically spend a lot longer then 1 1/2 months to install upgrades or retrofit their aircraft, I would be thankful.

http://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/2013-06-02/behind-the-scene-look-united-airlines-777-reconfiguration/1

If your next comment would include something that hints at it just being software and lines of code, I would then invite you to go take an introduction class to C++ or C# coding and come back in 1 1 1/2 months when you've released your first 777.

Good luck!

Have you been in fsx se  SDK folder and installed all simconnect files ? RTM, sp1 and sp2 ? That is a must. I

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Julian-

We have seen a few folks talk about installing the simconnect files- but we aren't yet backing that requirement as being valid.  We have done a bit of followup on it and best we can tell it is placebo effect.  (<gasp>  I **KNOW**  Simmers falling for placebo effect?!?!?)

In part- we all are running machines that have them installed previously- but I ran a clean install on FSX:SE on a new machine and they all installed of their own accord....

If you have specific information that isn't just "well some guy in a forum three blocks down tried it once on his mother's cousin's laptop and it seemed to cure the problem" kind of information....  please let me know.  :ph34r:

We are still researching this one...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com