Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[24JAN15] FSX:SE Compatibility and Other Juicy News...

The PMDG 737NGX and the PMDG 737-600/700 Expansion have been getting some low rate work behind the scenes in order to move some updates from the 777 development cycle back into the NGX product line. This update process has accelerated of late, and we found a way to de-conflict the developer time from the upcoming 747-400 release- and this caused the process to leap forward rather quickly.

As of this moment, it is planned to release an FSX/FSX:SE dual compatible update to the NGX that will include (typically) a pretty significant update across the board in terms of functionality and enhancements. I have not had time to go through and categorize them- but I will let you know that we are adding some key elements such as interfacing to Active Sky Next's weather radar capability such as we have in the 777.

:p0307:  I almost couldn't believe my eyes!

:p0503:  It will add a lot of hours to my NGX logbook!

:drinks: :germany-flag:  Thanks a lot and time to celebrate!

:p0307:  I almost couldn't believe my eyes!

:p0503:  It will add a lot of hours to my NGX logbook!

:drinks: :germany-flag:  Thanks a lot and time to celebrate!

I imagine that all this celebration is using windows 7?....because in windows 8.1 I am not having fun at all.....last version FCiupc...everything re-installed from 0....My PC  with a super powerful hardware ,not addons at all.....and still getting USB connections problems...( and C+++ errors CTD that I have never experience before....GOING BACK TO 7 immediately.....

I dont want to know and see W8 until Dovitel assure and confirm all those annoying issues are being resolve...In my opinion FSX ES is NOT full compatible with windows 8 ....Just my opinion

Thanks

Peter22

Pedro 

SP1d and SP1c are functionally identical, except for some structural changes that will not impact your use of the software. (We moved TCAS to make it internal, we changed some internal handling in order to make the 777 functional with FSX:SE- and a bit of other cleanup...)

If you are only running FSX- then this update isn't necessary for you.

So, if I run FSX without logging into Steam, then I don't need to update to SP1c or SP1d?

Harry Sung

So, if I run FSX without logging into Steam, then I don't need to update to SP1c or SP1d?

You need the SP1c update but not the SP1d

You need the SP1c update but not the SP1d

Thanks, can I download the package to update instead of using the Ops Center?

Harry Sung

I downloaded SP1c today and found it's the same name and size as the one I downloaded Oct 2014.  Also, Ops Center says my installed version is 1.10.6155 with 1.10.6320 (SP1d) available.  So, I don't need this to update after all???

Harry Sung

I downloaded SP1c today and found it's the same name and size as the one I downloaded Oct 2014.  Also, Ops Center says my installed version is 1.10.6155 with 1.10.6320 (SP1d) available.  So, I don't need this to update after all???

I'll say again what i said: you need the sp1c update but you DON'T need the sp1d. The sp1d update is ONLY needed for FSX STEAM. FSX STEAM users must download again the installer from PMDG account and apply the sp1d update. FSX users like me, don't need the sp1d update

I'll say again what i said: you need the sp1c update but you DON'T need the sp1d. The sp1d update is ONLY needed for FSX STEAM. FSX STEAM users must download again the installer from PMDG account and apply the sp1d update. FSX users like me, don't need the sp1d update

But why would you stay a version behind? Just update.

But why would you stay a version behind? Just update.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a valid approach to things.

I don't have FSX SE. I don't plan to get it. I probably won't get any of the SPs until they add features or fix existing bugs.

Kyle Rodgers

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a valid approach to things.

I don't have FSX SE. I don't plan to get it. I probably won't get any of the SPs until they add features or fix existing bugs.

I am with u 100%.....I am deleting ES from my hard drive....from both W7 and W8....back to FSX X acceleration box........

I haven't see any advantages what so ever....

I think we should leave PMDG developer team keep focus on Prepar3d version to see if finally we all can have a better stable sim.......I was one of the anxious/waiting to install T777 in ES ... to me, NOT worthy...

Pedro

Ryan do you know when Rob is giving us a changelog for the NGX with the new update?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I don't have FSX SE. I don't plan to get it.

Bonjour  Kyle,

I thought that, as a dev team member, you had all the available sim platforms.

Anyway, I hope the steam edition will bring new customers to the wonderful PMDG world.

Best regards.

Claude 

Claude Troncy