Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

New CPU To be used in new (3rd) build to FSX & P3D V2.4 !

Hi folks

In these days i am shaking my pocket to start a new Desktop build to my P3D v2.4 and FSX.

In the previous two builds i've used the intel processors, and i am not doubt about what intel gives us, especially before three days i was decided to buy the newest intel processor i7 4790K.

But today i've found so many fans to the AMD processors, and that encouraged me.

And never to do anything in the simulator before asking and take the advising, that what we are accustomed.

Now i am trying to find the powerful and the strongest AMD processor that can enter the competition with the i7 4790K and doing very well with the both sims and can impress me.

Can anyone help me in that ? and give me the advise to reach the maximum performance and smoothness with both sims using the AMD processors ?

In other hands, what is the most powerful processor available from AMD and can make a sense versus the intel i7 4790K ?

Thanks for reading and hope to get the needed help.

Zoho......

Don't bother, there isn't an AMD cpu on Earth that will even compete with a 2500k let alone a 4790k

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

I've had an AMD PC before and have just recently switched an Intel build. I can't attest enough to the fact that all the hype about Intel and FSX, at least, is seriously underrated.

My AMD build (although a very slow PC in todays technology): AMD Phenom X4 965 3.4 GHz, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB GPU, 6GB 1600MHz Kingston DDR3 RAM

I recently got an i7 4790K (stock at 4.0Ghz) with an ASUS Strix OC GTX970 4GB GPU, along with Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400Mhz RAM and it's personally the best move I ever made. In FSX, I am now able to get 30 fps in almost all situations regardless of how heavy the aircraft or scenery is. To clarify, I use REX4 Texture Direct at 4096x4096 textures, Active Sky Next, Ultimate Traffic 2 at 80% density, with FSX almost all maxed (except 3D road traffic, etc).

If you can, stick to an Intel build and I assure you, you will definitely get a lot better performance in FSX (don't own P3D).

On the other hand, a friend of mine owns the AMD FX8300 Vishera 8 core (clocked to 4.0Ghz) but struggles to find close to 30fps in fairly sparse environment with a PMDG/Aerosoft aircraft, let alone using REX HD textures, etc.

I used to have an AMD Phoenom II X4 B45 @ 3.1GHz but I moved to an Intel Core i7 4790K months ago. I got better performance using an Intel CPU compared to an AMD CPU (however, it could be because it is a 5 year old chip at the time (released and PC built with it in 2009, replaced in 2014)).

Júnior Silva

I've had an AMD PC before and have just recently switched an Intel build. I can't attest enough to the fact that all the hype about Intel and FSX, at least, is seriously underrated.

My AMD build (although a very slow PC in todays technology): AMD Phenom X4 986 3.4 GHz, ATI Radeon HD5750 1GB GPU, 6GB 1600MHz Kingston DDR3 RAM

I recently got an i7 4790K (stock at 4.0Ghz) with an ASUS Strix OC GTX970 4GB GPU, along with Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2400Mhz RAM and it's personally the best move I ever made. In FSX, I am now able to get 30 fps in almost all situations regardless of how heavy the aircraft or scenery is. To clarify, I use REX4 Texture Direct at 4096x4096 textures, Active Sky Next, Ultimate Traffic 2 at 80% density, with FSX almost all maxed (except 3D road traffic, etc).

If you can, stick to an Intel build and I assure you, you will definitely get a lot better performance in FSX (don't own P3D).

On the other hand, a friend of mine owns the AMD FX8300 Vishera 8 core (clocked to 4.0Ghz) but struggles to find close to 30fps in fairly sparse environment with a PMDG/Aerosoft aircraft, let alone using REX HD textures, etc.

This really make sense.

I used to have an AMD Phoenom II X4 B45 @ 3.1GHz but I moved to an Intel Core i7 4790K months ago. I got better performance using an Intel CPU compared to an AMD CPU (however, it could be because it is a 5 year old chip at the time (released and PC built with it in 2009, replaced in 2014)).

Thats why i asked, from this date AMD make couple of processors in this period.