Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Chances of OOM with addon UKSCENERY AIRPORTS

I'm starting to collect all of the UKSCENERY AIRPORTS but worried i'll get that OOM?

Will this happen even if i'm not near those airports?

I use the 737 NGX

ASN

UTX

REX4D

Vernon Howells

I would think that if you have crashes around UK scenery airports, then it is a problem with your configuration or else everyone who owned UK scenery airports would be seeing crashes. I heard many are resource intensive though so you might want to watch your FSX sliders. I wish everyone could move all of their sliders to the max. Life would be so simple....

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So it would be ok to install these addons and i wouldn't need to disable them?

Vernon Howells

We have all of the UK2000 Xtreme airports and apart from London Heathrow which is in a hugely performance intensive area, they all perform incredibly well. As ever YMWV but you shouldn't run into any problems. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

No problems here, and great support. Consistently good scenery for a great price. I'd turn off active service and surrounding traffic in the config tool. And make sure you check for updated versions, and the latest afcads.

Ok guys brilliant. I already have 4 :) i only fly to these airports with my 737NGX ! I can't cope with the default as i take it to the extreme and follow NOTAMS etc like in the RW.

Vernon Howells

Flying EGPF to EGLC on PMDG737, ASN Orbx Global,Vectors, Scotland and England always gives me the warning beeps just as I get close to landing followed by the OOM on the ground. Mind you I don't believe the airports are to blame but rather the combination of all these addons. Been using UK2000 for years with no issues but Orbx products + PMDG can and do cause OOMs. Currently migrating to Prepar3D where things look promising. Gary's work highly recommended. 

I keep away from Orbx global and vector etc only got UTX for the ground.

Vernon Howells

Has anyone enabled that FSUIPC option where it shows the amount of VAS you are using? on the menu bar

Vernon Howells

Has anyone enabled that FSUIPC option where it shows the amount of VAS you are using? on the menu bar

Yes.

1356908 mine is showing at mega airports lisbon with pmdg 737 ngx, active sky next, rex4d.

is this good gerry?

Vernon Howells

1356908 mine is showing at mega airports lisbon with pmdg 737 ngx, active sky next, rex4d.

is this good gerry?

Well you get 4GB so you are quite a bit under that which is good. One thing that has helped me from getting OOM's is only enabling the departure and arrival airport. That should keep the VAS usage manageable in most circumstances. 

So what are those figures above MB ?

And what tool can i use to just enable DEPT and ARR Airport?

Are they in KB?

Vernon Howells

is this good gerry?

I entirelt depends on the mix of add-ons.

If its in KB i still have a good few GB left.

I don't use addon scenery just airports and thats all. I have UTX Europe though. But thats not much

Vernon Howells