Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

If you are having trouble with FSX:SE install:

Gents-

I am collecting information from anyone who is having trouble installing the 777s into FSX:SE.

I need to know what your installation process was like.  For example:

1) FSX Installed.  Then installed FSX:SE.  Then uninstalled FSX.

2) FSX Installed.  Then installed FSX:SE.  Both remain installed.

3) Never had FSX installed.  Installed FSX:SE.  FSX:SE remains the only installed sim.

4) Never had FSX installed.  Installed FSX:SE.  Then installed FSX.

5) Something else... please describe?

I suspect there is an installation scenario we might not have accounted for and that is tripping a few of you up- but I need help identifying the patters so we can sort it out and fix it....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

In my case, I had installed FSX first and then installed FSX-SE when it came out. I then uninstalled both and reinstalled FSX-SE only

My issue is that when the 777LR installer (downloaded new version this morning) finishes, it pops up with an error saying it can't find FSX.cfg (even though it should be looking for FSX-SE). 

The thread I made on my specific problem.

Situation 3:

New Win8.1x64 build (just a few days ago). Installed FSX:SE through Steam, everything worked well. Downloaded new 777 installer, installed with no issue. Asked to allow the DLLs etc on launch of FSX. Launched trike flight. Changed to 777. Asked to run 1 more DLL and then aircraft loaded. Completely dark cockpit, throttles maxed, yoke stuck on full left aileron, no landing gear, no engine fans etc.

Happy to run through your support tool again if needed (used it with Ryan before).

Edit (further details): FSX:SE is installed in default Steam location.

UAC is disabled

Only other add-on is FSUIPC and the throttle axis is calibrated through it.

FSX installed then uninstalled and then FSX-SE installed

Getting a message  your registry does not show a valid FSX installation

ZORAN

Rob/Ryan/other PMDG bodies: Please PM me, I've found a ream of SxS/DLL errors on my machine pointing at the PMDG DLLs. I appreciate I'm on an unsupported OS but any help I can be.

Gents-

I am collecting information from anyone who is having trouble installing the 777s into FSX:SE.

I need to know what your installation process was like.  For example:

1) FSX Installed.  Then installed FSX:SE.  Then uninstalled FSX.

2) FSX Installed.  Then installed FSX:SE.  Both remain installed.

3) Never had FSX installed.  Installed FSX:SE.  FSX:SE remains the only installed sim.

4) Never had FSX installed.  Installed FSX:SE.  Then installed FSX.

5) Something else... please describe?

I suspect there is an installation scenario we might not have accounted for and that is tripping a few of you up- but I need help identifying the patters so we can sort it out and fix it....

In my case I have FSX installed...then uninstalled (usb desconections issues) then FSX ES installed...call my attention that the fsx.config from fsxes is not in my user/appdata/romming/microsoft/..it shuld be FSX folder with the tipical fsx config inside?...I dont have that however FSXes is running just perfect......I am uninstalling everything from 0 and see what happens

Peter22

Can anyone confirm the path to FSXes. cfg?

Thanks

Peter22

FSX installed then uninstalled and then FSX-SE installed

Getting a message  your registry does not show a valid FSX installation

same here.................

Alex, Pedro and Zoran:

Do this for me please:

1) Run REGEDIT

2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games

You should see some combination of keys here, titled Flight Simulator and Flight Simulator - Steam Edition.

Open both keys so that you can see in far enough to view the AppPath registry entry.

Tell me what they say, please....

For example:  Mine read F:\FSX\ for Flight Simulator and F:\FSX-SE\ for Flight Simulator -Steam Edition

Karl-

We don't currently support Win8 or Win8.1...  Right now we are pretty heavily focused on helping the folks on supported platforms- but once we get their issues sorted we MIGHT have time to help you diagnose.

Not a promise- since we are extremely busy and we chose not to support win8 for reason....

Karl-

We don't currently support Win8 or Win8.1...  Right now we are pretty heavily focused on helping the folks on supported platforms- but once we get their issues sorted we MIGHT have time to help you diagnose.

Not a promise- since we are extremely busy and we chose not to support win8 for reason....

Understood, still sent on the details for future reference.

Cheers

Alex, Pedro and Zoran:

Do this for me please:

1) Run REGEDIT

You should see some combination of keys here, titled Flight Simulator and Flight Simulator - Steam Edition.

Open both keys so that you can see in far enough to view the AppPath registry entry.

Tell me what they say, please....

For example:  Mine read F:\FSX\ for Flight Simulator and F:\FSX-SE\ for Flight Simulator -Steam Edition

Karl-

ok right now....posting in one minute....ok i got three folders

Flight Simulator..

.Flight Simulator- Steam edition.

.and Flight simulator X SDK......I just reinstalled....going to try again.....

Alex, Pedro and Zoran:

Do this for me please:

1) Run REGEDIT

I have two entries. 

One for "Flight Simulator" - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

And "Flight Simulator - Steam Edition" - G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\

Can anyone confirm the FSX ES path to FSX ES. cfg?

Thanks

Peter22

Ok I am running and this time the installer is working....I let u guys know in a moment

Peter22

Yesssssssssss....workinggggggg,,,so reinstall FSX ES the solution...and delete all FSX prevoius entries

Thanks

Peter22

Pedro-

Hang with me a few... I think I have a fix.

The location of your cfg files will vary depending upon a couple of different factors (very very exceptionally poor design decision by the folks at Dovetail Games...) but our installation mechanism will account for that and install accordingly.

Seems we missed one potential installation path you guys might take- and I have to code up a quick adjustment....  I am testing it now on a development rig in house... 

Be right back.

Hi Rob & rest of the team

Firstly many thanks for all the hard work that you and your guys are putting in to get the  PMDG products compatable with FSX-SE

Here is my scenario:

I decided to start again with a clean slate.

Uninstalled Triple 7 through FMC. Reformatted my FSX Drive in this case D: drive. Downloaded and installed a fresh copy of FSX-SE, checked system operating and found to be working fine. Downloaded new installers for both 200 & 300 series 777 as per instruction. Re installed 200 series which went without a hitch.

However

here is my first scenario. I loaded the aircraft in FSX to check that it had installed correctly before I updated the Operations centre? could this have been the start of my problems!

When I loaded the aircraft the first time the system asked me all the same questions that it normaly does when one loads a new aircraft the first time, all good. However what was missing was I was not asked for an activation code when I first loaded the aircraft. Hence aircraft is now sitting on runway with with no undercarriage and the engines were missing the internal engine parts, ie I could see light when I looked through the front of the engine. All cowlings were in place as per norm. Flight deck also in Cold & dark scenario and unable to operate any switches or throttles. Went back and updated Operations Centre. Same problem was there as before when I reloaded aircraft.

Operating system : Windows 7, 64 Bit

Sceneries installed:

Orbx Australia SP 4

Orbx North Island

Orbx Brisbane International

Many thanks

Duncan Gillespie

Pedro-

Hang with me a few... I think I have a fix.

The location of your cfg files will vary depending upon a couple of different factors (very very exceptionally poor design decision by the folks at Dovetail Games...) but our installation mechanism will account for that and install accordingly.

Seems we missed one potential installation path you guys might take- and I have to code up a quick adjustment....  I am testing it now on a development rig in house... 

Be right back.

Ok I just saw that the cfg file is in the Microsoft folder but under FSX not FSX ES.....but is there,,,,weird ....I will be in touch

Thanks for u time and incredible support....u guys are the best and super worthy money spend...Just finish with P3D ...my CC is ready...:)

Well not seriously ..thank you

Peter22

The PMDG operations center is giving me this when I downloading livery....

An exception has occured!
Please contact PMDG support by submitting a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com for help with resolving this issue.
Press "Copy to clipboard" below and then paste the information into your support ticket.
Additionally, a log file has been created at:
c:\users\petercoach\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\PMDG Operations Center.log
Please attach this file to better help us fix this issue.

The application will now exit.

01/24/15 15:45:34     Exception:  Unknown Exception at 0x6CBCAF3E
6CB40000  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll  +0008AF3E  (0, 0, 0)
6CB40000  C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR100.dll  +0008AF8A  (0, 0, 0)
62730000  c:\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center\Product Module 777.dll  +000309CA  (9A0B66C, 0, EF386837)
62730000  c:\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center\Product Module 777.dll  +00031B91  (1, 9A0B8D8, EF3805AF)
62730000  c:\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center\Product Module 777.dll  +00031EF1  (EF3823F7, 6CBC0FA5, 9A0F3C8)
62730000  c:\program files (x86)\pmdg operations center\Product Module 777.dll  +000093CB  (9819020, 9A0F3BC, 6CBC0FA5)
00A90000  C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\PMDG Operations Center.exe  +0000E35F  (1, 9819020, 9A0F3C8)
00A90000  C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\PMDG Operations Center.exe  +0000E44D  (9819020, AAC53C, A9E390)

But little by little no rush....
Peter22