Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Upgrade to 4820k and GTX 980

Just change the GFX card

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

get a 4790k its better for fsx and p3d as for the graphics card just get a 970. I don't get any more fps then ppl with 970s do and they paid $300 less

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

get a 4790k its better for fsx and p3d as for the graphics card just get a 970. I don't get any more fps then ppl with 970s do and they paid $300 less

+1 on the processor!

i thought the 4820k would be better can't believe the 4790k is still the best for FSX seems to have been out ages when are we going to get better processors for FSX its so depressing i want to be able to fly at Heathrow in a PMDG 747 with most things set to max.

Alexander Shepherd

It's the poor old software that doesn't benefit from todays hardware.....

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

i thought the 4820k would be better can't believe the 4790k is still the best for FSX seems to have been out ages when are we going to get better processors for FSX its so depressing i want to be able to fly at Heathrow in a PMDG 747 with most things set to max.

The 4790k has only been out since July. As for performance I can get 35-40 FPS at flightbeam's KIAD in the PMDG 777 with very high settings during a thunderstorm with rex clouds so its a great performing CPU.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

what settings do you have the traffic set on is it better to wait for broadwell or skylake or is amd going to bring anything special out cpu wise.

Alexander Shepherd

"Ouch..."

Thanks for that tip, if I ever decide to go past my GTX680!

what settings do you have the traffic set on is it better to wait for broadwell or skylake or is amd going to bring anything special out cpu wise.

I have my traffic 2013 and I run it at 18%. As for AMD I would avoid them I had their FX-8350 (8 core) at 4.5ghz when I switched to my 4790k at 4.5ghz I only changed the CPU and Mobo everything else remained the same even the ram. I gained 15-20 FPS and no more blurry ground textures.(Major issue with my AMD set up) Do you have your 2700k OC'd?

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

no i tried overclocking it but it wasn't stable beyond 4.6 ghz so i thought theres no point as it didn't give me much improvement in fsx is it possible to get the 4790k to 5ghz.

Alexander Shepherd

no i tried overclocking it but it wasn't stable beyond 4.6 ghz so i thought theres no point as it didn't give me much improvement in fsx is it possible to get the 4790k to 5ghz.

A lot of people have, I was very happy with it at 4.5ghz as I'm getting great frames with it there and it keeps my CPU voltage low 1.14V but you can get the Intel overclocking plan for $25 and it you burn up your CPU they'll send you another for free if you want to push your cpu to the max.

anyone tried steves DX10 fixer for FSX that must give better frames.

I use it and its great idk about an FPS gain but even at low frames it smoother than with DX9 due to some changes in the rendering process.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.