Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Best A2A Wings Of Power accusim airplane?

Does the 377 work? Last I heard there were issues with starting the engines and some of the panels not working. If it does work now, I know exactly what I'm spending my Sunday in  :wink: .

Works for me - I can't speak for others.  As with the rest of my A2A aircraft, I installed using the Estonian Migration Tool.  If you've had problems with the simpler method (point the installer at a dummy fsx.exe in the P3D folder), try uninstalling it and reinstalling with the EMT.  Can't say for sure, but it might help.

Anyone have positive experiences with the Aircraft Factory Corsair F4U? I'm building a balsa model of it, and went looking for an FSX version but that's the only one. Never heard of that particular line, so don't know what to expect.

Aircraft Factory is their budget line - no Accu-sim, they're jump-in-and-fly aircraft, some of them done in-house and some by outside developers.  They can be very nicely done - I particularly like the Heinkel He 219.  The Corsair is one of the few I don't own.  It has a following, but from what I can gather there's some controversy about the flight model, and there's a tweaked FDE in circulation.  Milviz mentioned recently that they're working on a revised version based on the Aircraft Factor model that they'll release themselves.  There's more about that project and about the flight model in this Sim Outhouse thread.  

I've had to use the Estonian Migration Tool

Me thinks i will hold off for a while  :rolleyes:

Like to fly fast and far....the P-51 is your ticket.  Want to do it like the pros? Get the Mil.  Want to do it in today's airspace...get the Civil version.  Like to fly down in the weeds with an attitude while looking at scenery with a rugged Allison and shark's teeth up front?  The P-40 is your ticket.  Want to fly a temperamental beauty that loves dancing in the cooler high altitudes and handles like a dream?  The Spitfire is your ticket.  Want to fly a tank?  The P-47 is your ticket.

Great summary 

FSX only i take it  :(          Will A2A port the war stuff over to PD3?  They look really great 

Far as I know, FSX aicraft from A2A work fine in P3D when installing them with EMT. I'm flying the P-51 Civ in P3D2 and it works just fine.

Cheers!

Maarten

Me thinks i will hold off for a while 

Well, if you don't want to pay for the Estonian Migration Tool (€11.95, VAT included), that's one thing.  I don't like to spend other peoples' money (I'm fully occupied spending my own...  B) )  But if you're concerned about difficulty or hassle, you shouldn't be - it's the easiest utility in creation.  What you do is: go here, buy it and download it.  Install it.  Put a shortcut on your desktop.  Launch it and tell it where your FSX (if you have one) and P3D installs are located.  Then, every time you want to install an FSX product into P3D - one that doesn't have a P3D installer - launch the Migration Tool, click on "enable Virtual FSX," then run your product's installer.  That's it.  You're good to go.  You can keep the Virtual FSX in place (a handful of add-ons like this), or disable it immediately.  In either case, launch P3D and fly.  

As noted above, the other option is to place an fsx.exe in your P3D main folder.  It doesn't have to be the actual fsx.exe - you could just make a copy of your P3D.exe and rename it.  Then point the A2A installer to your P3D main folder.  This seems to work OK for a lot of folks.  It didn't work for me. I haven't fully worked out why, but  - again at the risk of repeating - I think the issue was that my FSX and P3D are on separate drives.  When I pointed the A2A installer at my P3D folder, it installed most of the files OK, but it also insisted on creating a new FSX directory on my P3D drive and placing some files there.  As a result, the installed aircraft didn't work.  When I used the migration tool, this didn't happen.  If you have FSX and P3D on the same drive, there might not be a problem.  Try it and see.  Using the dummy .exe is obviously the easiest and least expensive option.  The migration tool is equally easy and always seems to work, for me at least.

Obviously, you'll want to respect EULAs when using the EMT.  In the case of the A2A warbirds, while the P3D install isn't officially supported, it doesn't seem to be a EULA violation, at least as far as I know.  The A2A GA aircraft are another story - for those you need a P3D license and installer.

Hope this helps.

Obviously, you'll want to respect EULAs when using the EMT.  In the case of the A2A warbirds, while the P3D install isn't officially supported, it doesn't seem to be a EULA violation, at least as far as I know.  The A2A GA aircraft are another story - for those you need a P3D license and installer.

I asked about it on the A2A forums and it's okay to use their FSX products in P3D and if you're having trouble you can even post questions about FSX aircraft in P3D for other users to help you with, no problem at all.

Cheers!

Maarten

My choices would be for military the Civilian Mustang and for modern the 182. Those are just my picks!

I asked about it on the A2A forums and it's okay to use their FSX products in P3D and if you're having trouble you can even post questions about FSX aircraft in P3D for other users to help you with, no problem at all.

That was my understanding and in fact I've taken part in those discussions over at A2A.  But I didn't have the chance to track down a specific reference, and just on the off chance that I might have missed something, I decided to hedge and cover my, you know, empennage...  :P

Aircraft Factory is their budget line - no Accu-sim, they're jump-in-and-fly aircraft, some of them done in-house and some by outside developers.  They can be very nicely done - I particularly like the Heinkel He 219.  The Corsair is one of the few I don't own.  It has a following, but from what I can gather there's some controversy about the flight model, and there's a tweaked FDE in circulation.  Milviz mentioned recently that they're working on a revised version based on the Aircraft Factor model that they'll release themselves.  There's more about that project and about the flight model in this Sim Outhouse thread.  

Thanks for giving me the skinny on it. I'll check out that thread to read up on the fde issues. 

Hope this helps.

Thank you Alan for your detailed anwser, spending money is not a problem for me, trying to control my Spening is though:) Yes I love the A2A stuff, have the C182 and Cherokee, I dont want to sound like an arm chair expert but the more I get into flight Simming the less tolerant I am for the Arcade stuff, so A2A really is a notch above the rest. Thank you for your help.

...the more I get into flight Simming the less tolerant I am for the Arcade stuff...

Agreed.  But don't let your devotion to A2A put you off some of the other good stuff out there - Manfred Jahn's freeware propliners, for example.

Good luck getting your Accu-sim aircraft into P3D and give a shout here or at the A2A forums if you run into any problems.  Enjoy!

A2A forums
Yes i joined up there today, very happy with myself,  great site a lot of info.   Now with the almost certainty of me getting A2A warbirds into Pd3 with my new best friend "EMT" I spent yesterday evening munching through a large packet of figrolls and watching videos and tutorials on Youtub.  Initially i thought to myself  "why would i own or fly a Civilian Mustang when i can have the real deal a Military Mustang"   then i realized the Civilian Mustang comes with some light Avionics, perfect.  I always loved the idea of flying longish distance in a warbird.  X-Plane doesn't do Authentic war planes, of course DSC does but even with Edge on the slow horizon i don't think Modeling Dublin or Southampton airport is on the agenda, anyways even though i own all the planes on DCS i have yet to fire one gun or missile,  i love the look/sound and flying them.

So its the Civilian Mustang for me and flying nicely behind behind is is the P-40,  i might get them both,  truth be known ill probably buy all them   :Big Grin:

Seen this over in the A2A forums,  more then likely you's have seen this but here it has anyway,  fascinations stuff  

Brilliant video! I'm off for a flight in my Military Mustang. Once you come to terms with feeding in the throttle and dancing on the pedals during take off, you'll be hooked!

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Yes i joined up there today

Welcome to the clan.  It's a great community.  

To that point - and to expand on Ron's succinct (but on target) advice - here are a couple of threads to check out on the A2A forums.  Start with this one and follow the links in the first post.  They'll connect you to the Mustang coaching provided by Dudley Henriques, a veteran display pilot with extensive P-51 time and a member of the A2A development team.  Then check out this more recent one, in which Dudley gives additional advice (to Ron's point) about how to feed in power on takeoff (something I'm still trying to master).  Dudley is a terrific resource - one of several over at A2A.

And if you get deeply into warbirds and other things with snarly, ill-tempered radials, Sim Outhouse is another nice neighborhood to check out.

Enjoy!

Well I took the plunge and bought Civilian Mustang. Flew half an hour last night and I'm hooked. Landing, errrr, was a disaster. Landing this thing requires MUCH practice, a lot different to any GA or Airliner landing, and on top of all when you flare you can't see the runway anymore, bummer.  :lol:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.