Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Ant´s T-28 Trojan Series

Howdy guys, 

I´m no very long into this and have a pretty solid knowledge about add ons. I guess I can see in the first minute whether it was worth the money or not.  Lately I had some great investment like the A2A-planes (Yeah P-P-51D all the way) or VRS remarkably well made F/A-18E. There were some yet undecided, as not flown very often till now or not great but not that bad either, (not easy to find some free time with an that university stuff going on)  like the  Aerosoft OV-10 and F-14 or Virtavia´s A-4 Skyhawk. And of course there had been some huge letdowns like the Milviz F-15 or the T-2 Buckeye from Razbam. 

You may wonder why I´m telling you all this. Because the do have one thing in common: They were more expensive that the T-28D Trojan make by Ant´s Airplanes! Probably more than all T-28´s (The T-28B, T-28C and T-28D).

I found out about this little gem some days ago. Bought and installed them yesterday, what a dream! Anthony has simply outdone himself.

Great look and sound together with a sturdy flight model and an in depth system modeling! And that all for under 20 bucks! I bought it for less than 15 € each...

Just to give you a little account of the system damage model: I loaded up the first flight on the ramp with the engine running. Shut it down without further thinking about and when ahead reading the Handbook and checklists on my iPad. Some minutes later I looked at the scene again. it was covered with smoke: As I did´t wait for the engine to cool down properly, the hot oil ignited. Great, engine fire right on the ram. Luckily I could reset it in the settings. 

So if you love A2A´s prop planes (or any other vintage fighter planes), I that one´s for you. So much fun, so less costs!!!

http://antsairplanes.com/trojan.html

The deal breaker for me with Ant's planes is that none of them (AFAIK) have cockpit shadows.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The deal breaker for me with Ant's planes is that none of them (AFAIK) have cockpit shadows.

gb.

Cockpit shadows? AFAIk they only work in FSX DX10. Don´t use that (won´t work with my Ai planes) SO I don't care bout that. Would take a lot of resources I guess.

gb.

I have Ant's T28B & C and the cockpit shadows work perfectly in DX10 (I use Steve's Scenery Fixer). According to Steve (from his blog), to enable (force) VC cockpit shadows for all aircraft regardless of the setting in the VC Model file, locate the [Display] section in fsx.cfg and add ForceVCShadowMap=1. With this setting enabled there is no longer any need to use the old DX10Toolbox method to turn the VC Shadows on in the model xml file. If you use Steve's Fixer and still have problems, try the "Force VC walls" option in the Shadows section of the fixer. I have quite an old system (GTX 275 graphics card!) and there doesn't appear to be a noticeable resource hit for me with shadows turned on.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have the B/C series, it is a fantastic addon.  I would recommend it to anyone who likes warbirds.

Cheers

TJ

Have them all, love them all.  The A model (the donationware one) is a particular favorite, I think because it's so underpowered.  A holiday from torque, relatively speaking, at least...

The sound set for the T-28's are fantastic in my opinion!! Great add on for anyone's hangar!!

I have Ant's T28B & C and the cockpit shadows work perfectly in DX10 (I use Steve's Scenery Fixer). According to Steve (from his blog), to enable (force) VC cockpit shadows for all aircraft regardless of the setting in the VC Model file, locate the [Display] section in fsx.cfg and add ForceVCShadowMap=1. With this setting enabled there is no longer any need to use the old DX10Toolbox method to turn the VC Shadows on in the model xml file. If you use Steve's Fixer and still have problems, try the "Force VC walls" option in the Shadows section of the fixer. I have quite an old system (GTX 275 graphics card!) and there doesn't appear to be a noticeable resource hit for me with shadows turned on.

Thanks for that info.

I was quoting from Ant's T28B&C pilot handbook page 71:

"Cockpit shadowing.

There are no shadows in the virtual cockpit: FSX requires the cockpit to have completely closed

geometry to display shadows correctly. In the interests of better frame rates I chose not to make

this model compatible with virtual cockpit shadows."

I have his Drifter and could not get any shadows even with Steve's Fixer.

I will try your sugestions

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have Ant's T-28D and it is a real gem and a bargain.  Real T-28B,C, and D's had excellent performance, on par with the P-51D except for maximum speed. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thanks for that info.

I was quoting from Ant's T28B&C pilot handbook page 71:

"Cockpit shadowing.

There are no shadows in the virtual cockpit: FSX requires the cockpit to have completely closed

geometry to display shadows correctly. In the interests of better frame rates I chose not to make

this model compatible with virtual cockpit shadows."

I have his Drifter and could not get any shadows even with Steve's Fixer.

I will try your sugestions

Thanks,

gb.

The quote you gave is correct (although mine is on page 72). However, you can create the required "closed geometry" by selecting the "Force VC walls" option in the Shadows section of Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer. The result is excellent VC cockpit shadows! A picture's worth a thousand words:

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l509/darkhorse54/Trojan1_zps2eeecb36.jpg

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l509/darkhorse54/Trojan2_zpsbc146272.jpg

Don't know about Ant's other aircraft but the T28B & C definitely work.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The A model (the donationware one) is a particular favorite, I think because it's so underpowered.
Tried to download this A model, because I generally like slower aircraft. However when I extract the zip file I only end up with a "trz9265.tmp" file. Is that correct? I was expecting an exe or similar, not sure what to do with a *.tmp. This addon really looks interesting.

Tried to download this A model, because I generally like slower aircraft. However when I extract the zip file I only end up with a "trz9265.tmp" file. Is that correct? I was expecting an exe or similar, not sure what to do with a *.tmp. This addon really looks interesting.

No, there should be an exe. That´s indeed not correct. I suggest that you download it again or if done so an the problem is sill there, drop him a mail. 

No, there should be an exe. That´s indeed not correct. I suggest that you download it again or if done so an the problem is sill there, drop him a mail. 

Ok thx. I will indeed send an email to take it further. 

However I searched my email account and found out I've already bought the T-28B/C previously. I've bought so many addons over the years I have lost track of it long ago  :lol:

I still want the T-28A though, I want to try it with less horsepower. Low and slow all the way!

"Underpowered" is a bit of an overstatement for the "A". You can still have quite a bit of fun in it.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-28A.html

If the plane showed me one thing, it's that I hate spark plugs. Stupid, fouling things.

- E:

About the USN "B" and "C" models:

http://www.marcliebman.com/the-book-series/from-the-hacs-seat/t-28/

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

"Underpowered" is a bit of an overstatement for the "A". You can still have quite a bit of fun in it.

http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepT-28A.html

If the plane showed me one thing, it's that I hate spark plugs. Stupid, fouling things.

- E:

About the USN "B" and "C" models:

http://www.marcliebman.com/the-book-series/from-the-hacs-seat/t-28/

Yeah! Made one flight and did so much wrong. But it flies great!