Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Ant´s T-28 Trojan Series

"Underpowered" is a bit of an overstatement for the "A".

Agreed - it's only relative (to the B, C and D....)  

Anyone know if you can turn the T-28 cockpit shadows on in P3DV2?

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Agreed - it's only relative (to the B, C and D....)  

The-28D with 1425HP is also not that fast (at least not against an P-51D...). But when it´s on the run, it hates slowing down. 

But when it´s on the run, it hates slowing down. 

This is also true for the "underpowered" A model. Lots of crabbing and turning required to bleed off speed on approach.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

This is also true for the "underpowered" A model. Lots of crabbing and turning required to bleed off speed on approach.

That's probably my only gripe with the otherwise excellent T-28B/C. If you're a bit hot on the approach, extending the speed brake seems to have no effect on the speed for me (have even viewed it from outside to make sure that it's actually out). On the RealAir Legacy, extending the speed brakes causes a significant deceleration.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Yes I thought this odd for such an ungainly looking aircraft.  It feels as sleek as it's younger cousin, the T-38, when you're trying to bleed off speed.

Yes I thought this odd for such an ungainly looking aircraft.  It feels as sleek as it's younger cousin, the T-38, when you're trying to bleed off speed.

Yeah, you need a perfect speed reduction when approaching. The lack of braking flaps makes that even more challenging. 

Btw. has anyone some experience with carrier ops? How well does it work with the carriers (the TacPack ones)?

Yeah, you need a perfect speed reduction when approaching. The lack of braking flaps makes that even more challenging.

What speed on short final are you using with the D-model, full flaps??

Well Steffen, if you've set out to part us from our money then I have to report that you have been successful, at least in my case. I hadn't heard of Ant's before, but once I get home from work today I'm going to try the A demo. If it flies as good as it looks then no doubt I will be $20.00 poorer by tomorrow.

What speed on short final are you using with the D-model, full flaps??

Sorry, I flew I 2 weeks ago (At university atm). I guess something around 70 - 80 KTS. Landing itself felt really pleasing with that tri-cycle landing gear. I´ll fly it tomorrow, will work on just that. 

Well Steffen, if you've set out to part us from our money then I have to report that you have been successful, at least in my case. I hadn't heard of Ant's before, but once I get home from work today I'm going to try the A demo. If it flies as good as it looks then no doubt I will be $20.00 poorer by tomorrow.

Mission accomplished! ;-) It´s definitely a no brainer for that money.