Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

737 NG cargo weight

Does anyone know roughly, how much cargo a passenger 737 NG carrys? Just a rough figure or any links to this kind of info.

Cheers

Vernon Howells

Why not try the PMDG 737 NGX forum?

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh shh! Its general oh well too late. Hope some plane spotter will know the answer i suppose it doesn't have to be in the NGX forum.

Vernon Howells

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "PMDG 737NGX". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Vernon,

It's really hard to generalize. I work for US Airways/American Airlines at DFW. We don't operate 737's from here any more. We're strictly an Airbus fleet. Most flights average about 1 piece of luggage per passenger. You then have to add mail and freight. Those weights vary per flight. One flight you may have 3000 lbs of mail and another 1500lbs. of freight. The next flight might not have any. These are domestic flights only. if you go with 1 bag per pax and 1000lbs of other cargo that should generally cover it.

NAX669.png

Yeh my flight planner (PFPX) covers pax and luggage. But i usually hit random to get figures for cargo. So i'm looking for real(ish) cargo weight to carry on my NGX for international and domestic flights from the UK.

I'll widen my search to google lol

Vernon Howells

I'll widen my search to google lol

Not sure Google will be too much help but it's worth a shot. I do know that many airlines use different numbers, even within the network, and at different times of year. At Independence Air (/ACA) we changed the numbers seasonally because people tend to pack on pounds in the Fall/Winter, and winter clothes tend to be heavier. That said, it was something along the lines of 35 pounds checked, 50 for heavy bags, and 15 for carryons (this is prior to carriers charging for checked bags, though, so carryons were somewhat reasonable in weight back then).

Kyle Rodgers

Yeh struggling to find an average weight of cargo that an airline takes. Nothing coming up!

Vernon Howells

I read a couple of years ago the SWA was the most successful cargo hauler among pax carriers, so it's gonna vary a lot between operators and locations. For example, Las Vegas is one of the busiest cargo ports in the country that's not a cargo hub.

Anyway, I keep it simple and just use ZFW and could care less if it's people or stuff. I tend to over-immerse myself in the flight planning as it is but guess this is one area that is not of interest to me.  To others sure no problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeh also few airlines prob have contracts to haul cargo aswell maybe?

I tend to add only 2000 kg of cargo or if that.

Vernon Howells

Yeh also few airlines prob have contracts to haul cargo aswell maybe?

Quite a few do. Some don't at all. Sometimes you have company material to send along (hard copy paychecks, aircraft parts, etc). Sometimes you don't. Some will have mail to carry. Others don't have mail contracts...and so on. There's no good rule of thumb because there's no real rule for that.

It's like asking what the average weight of someone's shopping cart is at the grocer. There's no real good rule of thumb for that. Heck, I'm a single guy so I rarely even use one. Someone shopping for a family, however, would certainly have a lot of "cargo" to carry.

Kyle Rodgers

I've converted the 700C and it carries 40,000lbs (18,200kg) about 3,000 miles.  This correlates with what Boeing has on their website.  I did the repaint to reflect the 700C including the main cargo door in my VA colors.

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Cheers guys for the response! Its a figure thats never fixed and each airline will vary like kyle has mentioned. But i'll just add a few random numbers to it.

I was actually adding upto 4000kg of cargo which is prob alot of cargo for a pax airliner BUT i can't say that, as i don't know what airliners actually do carry.

Vernon Howells

This may be a dumb question, but does the NGX already add the average 55lb bag per passenger into the weight for you when you select number of passengers, or do you add this to the cargo weight that you put in?