Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[24JAN15] If you have had trouble installing in FSXSE...

Captains-

This morning we were working with a few of you that reported trouble installing either the 200LR/F or the 300ER versions of the 777 into FSX-SE.

If you had trouble with the installation- such as any of the following:

1) The installer would report that it could not find your FSX.CFG

2) The installer would tell you that FSX or some other required component was not installed.

3) The installer would run and appear okay- but when you launched the sim, nothing worked...

4) Some other problem UNRELATED TO the Operations Center or liveries that appeared when you attempted to run the 777 for the first time in FSX:SE.....

Please go to your account and download a new copy of the installer.

I replaced both the 777-200LR/F and the 300ER installers tonight at 0345Z/25JAN15....  We think these should eliminate the installation problems....

IMPORTANT NOTE:  This is just an update for installer behavior experienced by some users... the 777 packaged within the installer is unchanged- so if you aren't experiencing an installation problem you don't need to worry about this.

We have not yet looked at any of the issues that some users are seeing with the Operations Center.  Those are pending... stay tuned.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for all your hard work today Robert!

We simmers sure are a pesky bunch huh?  Its all your fault for creating a product most of us just can't sim without.  :Applause:

Downloading now and will post my results!

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve-

Thanks.  Fortunately it is winter and the wx was horrible here today.  ^_^

This is working perfectly for me, thank you so much for updating this, even spending your weekend on it. Got the 777-300ER and 777-200LR to work with the new installer even after installing both FSX and FSX:SE then uninstalling them and just reinstalling :SE.

Thank you so much! I eagerly await the 737 for Steam Edition.

Thanks.  Fortunately it is winter and the wx was horrible here today. 

Ahhh...yes...that is the one redeeming quality of bad weather, getting stuff done on the PC because there is no way you're doing outdoor activities.

Unfortunately here in Dallas, we don't have that problem here a lot (in the 60's and CAVU here this weekend)

Hehe....maybe unfortunately is not the right word, but you get the idea.  :wink:

While I have your attention, can you feed the hamsters that are driving your download site?  :LMAO:

Or with the right incentive, I'll get on that wheel and run...need my cardio, LoL

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve-

Is amazon cloud driven- so it is pretty fast... On the bright side- looks like you can get in your cardio.

Sigh,

New install did not work :(

Uninstalled the previous version, then installed the new version, still no gear or displays, with nowhere to enter my activation code.

I did not have FSX:MS installed, this was a fresh install of FSX:SE as well.

This is on a new laptop, could that be the reason?

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Robert, 35 deg c here in Cape Town..... :P Thanks for all the hard work....

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Captains-

This morning we were working with a few of you that reported trouble installing either the 200LR/F or the 300ER versions of the 777 into FSX-SE.

If you had trouble with the installation- such as any of the following:

1) The installer would report that it could not find your FSX.CFG

2) The installer would tell you that FSX or some other required component was not installed.

3) The installer would run and appear okay- but when you launched the sim, nothing worked...

4) Some other problem UNRELATED TO the Operations Center or liveries that appeared when you attempted to run the 777 for the first time in FSX:SE.....

Please go to your account and download a new copy of the installer.

I replaced both the 777-200LR/F and the 300ER installers tonight at 0345Z/25JAN15....  We think these should eliminate the installation problems....

IMPORTANT NOTE:  This is just an update for installer behavior experienced by some users... the 777 packaged within the installer is unchanged- so if you aren't experiencing an installation problem you don't need to worry about this.

We have not yet looked at any of the issues that some users are seeing with the Operations Center.  Those are pending... stay tuned.

Ufortunately this has not resolved my problem. I'm still getting an error message when attempting to install the 777-300. The installer cannot find the base 777-200LRF for my sim. See: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460570-24jan15-fsxse-compatibility-and-other-juicy-news/page-5. I am able to get the 777-200LRF installed with the newest version, but the 777-300 still shows up in FSX, still with the old version number. The uninstaller for the T7 does not remove the 777-300 model so I'm currently stuck in Limbo. It looks like I need an uninstaller to remove the T7's completely  of my system before I can reinstall again.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

My problem was already mentioned previously

Win 7 on SSD

FSX SE on HDD 1To 

Fresh Install of course, Computer has been formated.

When i run your latest installer, i can't choose between FSX or FSX SE, BUT the aircraft is going to be install well into fsx se.

When i run FSX SE and launch 777, i can't activate the product of course and the aricraft is non fly...able...

Could you please help me thanks

NAME: Baptiste Degoy

Hi,

I only want to install into FSX, not SE. The base installer allows this, but the -300 install always has the same error that it's not installed. I've redownloaded both installers, but still the same issue with the -300.

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

When I run the updated installer, I am asked to "repair" or "uninstall."  Which operation is correct for the update?

Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

I used "repair" and it updated successfully..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hey Robert,

Reporting in....posted success in another thread as it was relevant to simconnect that you mused about...installing all 3 old versions did the trick for me!

Link to the other thread so those here don't have to search for it (includes all the steps I took)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460570-24jan15-fsxse-compatibility-and-other-juicy-news/?p=3163101

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thank you Capt. Robert,

I was  having trouble, with what I thought was my registry.  I knew others were having the same problem. After many reinstalls, of Steam FSX.  Then you came out with a new version, this fixed my issue.  

Am now testing the big plane out, it sure looks good, very smooth.  Really looking forward to the 737, and the new 747 now.

Many thanks to the PMDG crew.

Jerry Friz