Sign in to follow this  

P3D v2.5 Beta 2 - Terrain Shadows fixed ...

hi rob, what about the Texture load and blurries? Does it seem better?

I didn't have a problem with it before ... I have not noticed any more or less texture loading resolution issues ... do you notice anything in my videos?

If your CPU/GPU can't keep up with resolving texture LOD there are many factors involved:

1.  The scenery area being used, for example Orbx Norway is very hard on texture resolving so best to stay with 1024 textures and not overload the GPU with other graphics settings.

2.  How well affinity is working with your system (this is trial and error, default Affinity setting works well for my 6/12 core CPU, but others have reported better performance with different settings for different CPUs/environments ... many threads on solutions based on your hardware.

3.  How much VRAM you GPU has (P3D will exceed 2GB VRAM easily and in some instances will go above 4GB VRAM usage) ... you definitely do not want to be swapping textures in/out of VRAM.

I'm sure LM will keep an eye on performance tuning, they always do.  But for if you're having texture loading issues they can be solved with the ABOVE suggestions.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: combining Terrain Shadows = 80,000m and Cloud Shadows = 80,000m will be VERY hard on your system and if it isn't able to keep up it can produce what folks call "blurries".

I didn't have a problem with it before ... I have not noticed any more or less texture loading resolution issues ... do you notice anything in my videos?

If your CPU/GPU can't keep up with resolving texture LOD there are many factors involved:

1. The scenery area being used, for example Orbx Norway is very hard on texture resolving so best to stay with 1024 textures and not overload the GPU with other graphics settings.

2. How well affinity is working with your system (this is trial and error, default Affinity setting works well for my 6/12 core CPU, but others have reported better performance with different settings for different CPUs/environments ... many threads on solutions based on your hardware.

3. How much VRAM you GPU has (P3D will exceed 2GB VRAM easily and in some instances will go above 4GB VRAM usage) ... you definitely do not want to be swapping textures in/out of VRAM.

I'm sure LM will keep an eye on performance tuning, they always do. But for if you're having texture loading issues they can be solved with the ABOVE suggestions.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: combining Terrain Shadows = 80,000m and Cloud Shadows = 80,000m will be VERY hard on your system and if it isn't able to keep up it can produce what folks call "blurries".

Gpu titan . cpu i7 4930k (6cores) 16ram . im rolling on 3 screens but . texture load seem to be a problem on my pc and bluries. texture take time to load and seem to change .

Gpu titan . cpu i7 4930k (6cores) 16ram . im rolling on 3 screens but . texture load seem to be a problem on my pc and bluries. texture take time to load and seem to change .

I'm running a 4790K at 4.6 with a vanilla Titan, 16GB 1600 RAM and Samsung 840 EVO SSD. I have the same issues with blurries and texture load time. If I'm descending from 30K and I change to outside views, my textures are blurry. They eventually come into "focus", but they take a long time to begin looking like real terrain.

They eventually come into "focus", but they take a long time to begin looking like real terrain.

texture load seem to be a problem on my pc and bluries. texture take time to loa

Texture load and blurries? Does it seem better?

FYI, I have reported this to LM ... it's not a big issue for me as the textures will resolve after 2-3 seconds ... but I'll pass the info along.  There are contributing factors to this issue also:

1.  How much 3rd party scenery you have loaded (I'm loaded up with Orbx, Vector, airports, etc.)

2.  Texture settings (1024, 2048, 4096)

3.  FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION, TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT values in Prepar3d.cfg

But either way I have reported to LM.  However, be aware because something is reported to LM does NOT mean it will get fixed.  LM may look into the issue, but if they can't replicate they can't fix ... OR they may be able to replicate, but a fix could break significant amount of 3rd party compatibility, so LM elect to not address it "at this time".

To those few individuals in this thread that are offering a "critique" to Beta testers about items not being fixed/reported ... you simply don't know what has been reported to LM by Beta Testers.  In fact, it would appear some have "contacts" that are other Beta Testers and are using the Beta Forum as their ONLY source of information about what issues are being reported ... the Beta Forum IS NOT the only source of reporting issues ... there is Email and LM do have a ticket system.  Whomever is sharing Beta forum information, I hope they have permission to do so ... where appropriate I've got the ok to share information, when not appropriate I'm under the same NDA as everyone else.  

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

Thanks for the information. Just to clarify, my comment wasn't to critique or badmouth anyone, I just wanted to pass along information that may help resolve an issue in a later release. I appreciate all the hard work and dedication by LM and look forward to future releases. Being a Network Engineer for 15 years myself, I know how trying and difficult it is to pinpoint and resolve issues. Us IT guys are never appreciated. It's a thankless field.

Being a Network Engineer for 15 years myself, I know how trying and difficult it is to pinpoint and resolve issues. Us IT guys are never appreciated. It's a thankless field.

AMEN to that!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just to clarify, my comment wasn't to critique or badmouth anyone, I just wanted to pass along information that may help resolve an issue in a later release.

No worries, wasn't directed at you ... just wanted to be clear about some assumptions "a minority few" made about my Beta Testing.  I don't mind critique, but I do mind inaccurate information directed at me.

Cheers, Rob.