Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I'm Shocked!

Thanks for that Michael. But for the time being I'll leave it until PMDG release a proper installer for SE. Rather than having just FSX-SE on its own, with its default aircraft, which I have never even touched in FSX-MS, let aside in FSX-SE, I will opt to leave FSX-MS running as it is.

I'll leave it until PMDG release a proper installer for SE.

I have a feeling that there not be a PMDG installer FSX-SE for the MD-11.

You don't need a new installer for the MD11, the standard one works fine.

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Is it really worth a weekend to install this FSX:SE now that i also have P3DV2? The benefits? 1 to 1 compare with FSX please only.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

It's looking like a mass exodus to Steam, with the potential of an fsx upgrade, this must have a significant impact on the other platforms ?

Hi David

Seeing that you love FSX-SE, perhaps you can tutor me into how I can bring my FSX aircraft, specially the PMDG 777-200LR/F into the just-bought SE today?

Jose Monteiro, good to see that you have an excellent sense of humour and fear not about not visiting too many places outside of Portugal. I'm sure when you become a pilot one day when that instructor passes you, then you  will get the chance to see o todo mundo e todos cidades!

Thx Rick, for the kind words !

I eventually passed, almost 35 yrs ago, when I got my license in 1980 :-)  Has been a life of glider flying, with a long hiatus where sims, specially MSFS, occupied an important role. I intend to keep doing it, flying gliders and simming, at least for as long as our oldest portuguese glider pilot, now with 88 yo !!!

There's a good thread at the FSX Forum where the author of FSUIPC, our dear Pete Dowson, himself using FSX-SE, explains why we can expect better performance, specially stability, from this platform. Comming from Pete, I can only have it for SURE!

Also this and many other reports, here at AVSIM: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/460411-an-impressive-fsx-se-report/#entry3160311

Yesterday I spent a good deal of simming time vlying my "new" 777 Couldn't buy the 300 because there was a problem with my card, but it'll get into my hangar latter today :-)

From what I can remember, the 777, never having been a problem to run even in my old rig ( i5 @ 3,2 GHz ), performed even smoother than before. 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I had FSX-SE installed, with only ORBX FTX Global, Steve's DX10 Fixer, my Real Air's and the Majestic Q400, so today, after getting the lattest version of the 777 installer from my PMNDG account, I ran it... and voilá ... Couldn' be easier :-)

Do you need the DX10 fixer for FSX:SE? I thought they did some fixes there?

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Do you need the DX10 fixer for FSX:SE? I thought they did some fixes there?

No, not needed, but FSX-SE is still Dx9c, and I do prefer to have the graphics and additional performance obtained by running in Dx10 - since I am lazy to use and tweak the free version ( also by Steve ) available at the AVSIM files section, I bought Steve's fixer and it's one of my best buys ever for MSFS :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...