Sign in to follow this  
tonyc

FSUIPC Flap Problem

I have a new and somewhat fatal problme that I simply cannot solve.

I decided to try and set my PMDG cotrols from within FSUIPC and generally these worked except the flaps which basically now only move into the first (Flaps 9) position and wil move absolutely nowhere else thereafter (up or down).

I have tried taking the J41 out of FSCUIP and that doesn't work. I tried re enabling my joystick (Saitek Yoke and Throttle) in the main FSX Options/ Contols but even though I have reset the axis and buttons. etc in this the flaps are still sticking moving into the first flap position and staying there. No matter what!!

Whatever FSUICP has done seems to have fundamentally changed something in the J41 files.

I am at the point of completely having to reinstall the aircraft unless anyone has any good ideas?

Also if I need to re download off the PMDG site how do I do that as there isn't a "Your Account" section that I can see?

Tony, you can delete or change the fsuipc.ini file to fsuipc.bak and let it rebuild the ini file. That solves a lot of problems when running controls through FSUIPC.

On the home page of precisionmanuals.com look in upper right corner to find LOGIN/REGISTER link.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thans Dan

I looked for that ini file but I am unsure where it is located. It isn't with all the other FSUIPC files in the Modules folder.

Hi tonyc,

I haven't flown the JS41 for a long time so maybe I'm mistaken but as far as I remember this happens as long as the JS41 is not powered up completely. Please try working down the checklists until the aircraft is ready for T/O and try again.

I encountered the very same problem when using the addon for the first time and I am still not sure if this is a normal "real world" effect (maybe due to insufficient hydraulic pressure when engines are shut down) or just a bug.

Peter

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Peter is correct I believe.  AOM pg Ch089:15 (Ch 8 Sec 9 Pg 15) states flaps are held in retracted or landing position by 2000 psi hydraulics, which could be interpreted as meaning F-9 (the only not retracted or not landing position) does not require hydraulic pressure.

Of course, use the checklists.

The fsuipc.ini file is located at <FSX>\Modules same place as fsuipc.dll... might actually be fsuipc4.dll but you get the idea.

Dan Downs KCRP

Peter/Dan

In the illustrious words of Homer (not he of Grecian philosophy fame but the one and only Mr Simpson!) DOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!!!

After all these years of flying and simming why I didn't think of that before? I can only blame (as all else) on my ageing brain!

I guess in this hobby we get used to aircraft that are less realistic than the PMDG J41 and operate their flaps with no engine generator power.

Whatever, great call and thanks again!

I just love this hobby as much for the great people you meet on the forums as the flying itself.

Long may that continue

Tony