Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

SK5159 Copenhagen - Innsbruck / Photoreal Austria

Thanks alot! I have reduced the size of almost all textures in the scenery so I have now better performance and much less VAS usage. There were to many unnecessary big textures such as textures used on buildings around the airport. More important buildings such as terminal and ground textures are not changed. After my modification the size of the texture folder went from 700mb to 331mb. After landing after an relative long flight over a photorealistic Europe with the NGX and taxiing to the terminal I have now around 500mb free VAS. I´m also using DX10 with DX10SceneryFixer.

Yes I think to many developers use high resolution textures in many unnecessary places like you mention. I wish I had more knowledge on this to do it myself. Luckily, I didn't have major OOM problems with scenery but the performance could have been better. Did you notice an increase in FPS after reducing the texture folder size?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Did you notice an increase in FPS after reducing the texture folder size?

Nope, the only improvement except less VAS usage is that the textures loads faster