Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Solved! Stuttering/Freezes/Sync issues XPlane 10 w Nvidia GPUs

I can confirm this works for my GTX580 too. I had downloaded the most recent drivers for OpenGL 4.5 support and found it unusable.

Reverting back to 337.88 fixed the stuttering.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Yes for me too! Turning off threaded optimization is like magic! another experience, XP10 is now back to full life.

Alexander Colka

WARNING!  Windows Update will attempt to 'upgrade' your nVidia drivers, as will nVidia Experience!  You want to exclude ("hide update") from Windows Updates "OPTIONAL UPDATES" any offers to update the nvidia drivers or you will be back to having to do the fix in this thread again!  Same thing with nVidia experience.  Disable updating drivers in Nvidia Experience as well.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

This is strange. My card is the GeForce GTX 780.  I had to type the 337.88 WQHL in the search bar to even find it!  When I did, I downloaded it and when I rechecked the vs number it now says 340.52.  

Thoughts?  ...I did get the other settings done, although, with my version card was wondering if I had to do the adaptive half refresh rate part.  I'm using Benq GL2460 monitors.

Thanks!

I don't know for sure, but if I had to 'guess' I would surmise possibly you may have installed a different driver than you thought?

Locking the monitors at 30 frames via adaptive half refresh rate seems like a good protocol for most peeps I've run into.  Assuming your Benqs refresh at 60 fps...

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

I am using a GTX980ti on a 6core @ 3.5G w 64G DDR@3300 and was shocked by the stutters , same I had with 970 on a 3year old I7

having the latest drivers I just changed that setting and now all is SMOOTH and FAST..

A recommended fix. I think this helps a lot of people

For my GTX680 2GB card, I have never gone past this driver suite for any length of time. No stutters, and stellar performance (max FPS) in all my sim platforms.  I think this suite was the last general power performance driver, and not single aimed tweaks for games, not in the flight simulator genre.

I tried the latest nVidia driver set with my card not a week ago...out of curiosity, and lost 5-7 FPS on average. I cleaned...reinstalled this suite, and got back all prior FPS performance. No placebo...this driver suite was/is the last of the Mahicans..., my view anyways, with a GTX680 as the card, driven.

:)

Is it still relevant to roll back driver?

I'm experiencing pretty bad stutters and freezes. I've done everything on the list except roll back driver. Currently running latest Nvidia driver as it works best with P3D 3.2.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I'm experiencing pretty bad stutters and freezes. I've done everything on the list except roll back driver. Currently running latest Nvidia driver as it works best with P3D 3.2.

Curious...I've just rolled back now.  I will see if it affects any of the great P3D v3.2 performance I had before rolling back.  If so...I'll revert to what I had, but if not...what the heck, I use XPX just as much as anything else... :)

Ses

Go for it, no drop in FPS performance with rolling back to 337.88's, and P3D v3.2.3:

2016_5_1_15_26_20_405.png

Thanks, will try it then!

You're welcome.   I am having no problems with running 337.88's and P3D v3.2.3

You're welcome.   I am having no problems with running 337.88's and P3D v3.2.3

Actually, the exe.program did not allow me to install 337.88 because it couldn't detect compatible hardware (I have a GTX 970). So I was forced to install latest driver. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

344.11 driver is compatible with your GTX970 if you want to go back.

I tried the latest but found the earlier drivers better.

Trevor Golding