Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

V1 callout two voices.

Hello, this is a real poser for me.  When I'm on takeoff I hear two different male voices saying V1.  One voice on rotate and one voice on V2.

Here's what I did to troubleshoot it.

On the EGPWS page of the CDU, pages 8/11 & 11/11 I can deselect callouts and then I get the PMDG voice.

But it's odd the way it behaves, I have to do this several times before it will work correctly.

I tried it with page 8/11 on and 11/11 off.

Page 8/11/ off and page 11/11 on, and both on and both off.

What I have been doing is loading the PMDG tutorial flight at the end of the runway and aborting the takeoff.  I must have aborted several dozen T/O's testing this.

It does this with any saved flight or flight I create.

I have a friend who says this doesn't happen to him.

I'm an extreme newbie to PMDG and am still learning it so any help will be much appreciated.

I will list all my add-ons as I don't think I have anything that would cause this.

I do have the Flight1 B200 but I keep the EGPWS off but it sounds like his voice but I'm not 100% sure.

Jetline Hellfire GT2 PC

Win 7 Pro 64
CM Storm Scout II Advanced case
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Pro, Intel LGA 1150 mobo
i7 4790 Quad Core 4.66 GHz
Corsair Hydro H80i Liquid Cooling
8 GB Trident X DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz
500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD

4 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 - Driver GeForce 344.65 WHQL
NV Inspector version - 1.9.6.5

Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX 
Integrated High Speed Network 10/100/1000
802.11n WiFi card
750 Watt Corsair RM Power Supply
20x DVD/CD Burner
Creative A250 3-Piece Speaker System
Creative Fatal1ty headset
FSX Gold
Saitek PZ44 Yoke & throttle
Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
Samsung S27A550H Monitor

Track IR 5

Blink Link (VA airline)

PFPX
TOPCAT

FS DreamTeam
GSX

AOA FlightWork video lessons for 737-NGX

Flightbeam's:
KSFO - San Francisco
KIAD - Dulles

MegaScenery:
PHNL - Hawaii - DEACTIVATED

Flight1:
All GEX's Including new Australia
All UTX's
UT2
Opus Weather

Indo-Pacific landclass

UK 2000
Gatwick v 3.3

Fly Tampa:
KTPA - Tampa
KBOS - Boston
OMDB - Dubai
TNCM - St. Maarten & TFFJ, SABA
TVSB, TVSM, TVSC, TVSU, TGPZ - Grenadines 
LOWW - Vienna

Aerosoft:
Fly Manhattan - DEACTIVATED
London VFR
Approaching Innsbruck LOWI

Taxi 2 Gate:
TLPC - St. Lucia - George F.L. Charles

Aircraft
Flight1's:
B200
Mustang
182T

A2A's:
Cherokee

PMDG:
737-NGX
600/700 add on planes

Lotus Simulations
L-39 Albatross 

Thank you for any help.

Jack

I'm sorry about the three posts, mods can you delete the others?  I have no idea why it posted so many times.

Jack Sawyer

The two V1 voices are normal, and can be controlled in the PMDG settings. One is the aircraft

itself. The second one is a simulated pilot monitoring voice. It can be turned off, but I forgot

the exact name of that voice. Would have to check the settings to remember what they call it.

BTW, I may have it backwards now that I think about it.. The three usual V speed

voices, IE: V1, rotate, V2,  may be the simmed PM, and the other V1 may be the

aircraft, which can be deselected.. I think any of them can be controlled in the settings.

The two V1 voices are normal, and can be controlled in the PMDG settings. One is the aircraft

itself. The second one is a simulated pilot monitoring voice. It can be turned off, but I forgot

the exact name of that voice. Would have to check the settings to remember what they call it.

That's brilliant NM5K, thank you very much for such a fast reply.  I appreciate it.

Would you know where I could find which one is which?

The V1 voice I would like is the same voice as V2 and ROTATE.

The other voice is a very different voice altogether.

At least I'm grateful it's not something in my system conflicting.

Now to just figure it out.

Jack Sawyer

I think the different voice is the plane itself, and should sound about like the usual

Boeing call out type of voice. I'll check it a bit later and see what the settings name is,

and report back.  Or maybe someone else will know by the time I can do that..

Should also be in the PMDG manual.

I think the different voice is the plane itself, and should sound about like the usual

Boeing call out type of voice. I'll check it a bit later and see what the settings name is,

and report back.  Or maybe someone else will know by the time I can do that..

Should also be in the PMDG manual.

I looked in the manuals, even did a search in the PDF but couldn't find anything.

Any help from anyone for a quick answer will be appreciated.

Still, this is an awesome plane, never have I have so much fun in FSX.  Just learning all this stuff is great.

Going to buy the 777 and the new 747 when it comes out.  But for now I have a lot to learn.

Jack Sawyer

I checked the plane, and the three FO calls are on page 11 of the options/simulations menu.

The aircraft V1 call is page 11 under the aircraft/equipment menu.

Funny thing... I had both of my V1's turned on, but for a long time have heard only one V1..

Weird, as I recall once hearing two of them in quick order when I first got the plane, when

both were turned on. So I turned off the aircraft V1, being as I like it with just the FO calls.

In theory, being I haven't noticed two in a long time, I should hear no real change.

As I remember, the aircraft call comes just a split second before the FO call..

My wav files are intact for both, so I didn't lose any of those.. Kinda peculiar that I haven't

noticed two calls in a long time.  Unless maybe both were playing at the same time, which

is not what I remember when I first got it.  Weird..

I checked the plane, and the three FO calls are on page 11 of the options/simulations menu.

The aircraft V1 call is page 11 under the aircraft/equipment menu.

Funny thing... I had both of my V1's turned on, but for a long time have heard only one V1..

Weird, as I recall once hearing two of them in quick order when I first got the plane, when

both were turned on. So I turned off the aircraft V1, being as I like it with just the FO calls.

In theory, being I haven't noticed two in a long time, I should hear no real change.

As I remember, the aircraft call comes just a split second before the FO call..

My wav files are intact for both, so I didn't lose any of those.. Kinda peculiar that I haven't

noticed two calls in a long time.  Unless maybe both were playing at the same time, which

is not what I remember when I first got it.  Weird..

This is exactly what I was taking about.  It starts out as two but after a few aborted takeoffs it goes to one.

Thanks, I will look at those CDU pages.

I really appreciate your help on this.

I searched through every PMDG and AOA related document I have using words like voice, callout, V1, etc. and nothing in any of them.  Even in the settings video of Flightwork from AOA he only tells you WHAT they should be not the whys of what they should be.

This is why I came here.

Jack Sawyer

I looked in the manuals, even did a search in the PDF but couldn't find anything.

Interestingly enough, it should be in the intro manual, but I don't see it.

It should be under PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > SIMULATION. The references to the "normal" sounding voice (the human) will be listed referring to the PNF, or pilot not flying (your FO, in this case, because you're always the PF in the sim). This setting is simulation-wide - all your NGXs will use this setting.

The other ones are under PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > EQUIPMENT. It should be listed with the rest of the GPWS calls. This setting is aircraft specific (so it may be present in some aircraft and not in others), which may be why Keith sporadically hears it.

Even in the settings video of Flightwork from AOA he only tells you WHAT they should be not the whys of what they should be.

This is one thing that drives me up the wall about our hobby. While I wouldn't say that this is the case for AoA, there are a lot of people with knowledge, but not wisdom. In other words, they know how things should be in most cases, but not why they should be that way.

Unfortunately, that's how a lot of the simisms pop up...

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle.  You guys have been a great help and I appreciate it.

Really glad I bought PMDG now.  Really happy with it.

I will check those CDU settings and make sure I only get one voice. 

I want all the voices to sound the same.  Kind of annoying to hear two V1's right after the other.

Jack Sawyer

This is one thing that drives me up the wall about our hobby. While I wouldn't say that this is the case for AoA, there are a lot of people with knowledge, but not wisdom. In other words, they know how things should be in most cases, but not why they should be that way.

Unfortunately, that's how a lot of the simisms pop up...

Yeah, but it keeps me busy trying to find an answer and there are a lot of other people out there smarter than me in FSX.

I found the pages you mentioned and adjusted and everything is just fine.  Thanks for you help Kyle.

Jack Sawyer

The other ones are under PMDG SETUP > AIRCRAFT > EQUIPMENT. It should be listed with the rest of the GPWS calls. This setting is aircraft specific (so it may be present in some aircraft and not in others), which may be why Keith sporadically hears it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the thing though. It was set to "on" in the particular plane I checked. And I don't recall hearing two

V1 calls in ages.. Maybe even years.. I don't recall hearing two since the early days of flying the NGX.

I just checked the cfg files of the other planes I fly, and it was set to "on" in those also. But haven't heard

in those either. I had assumed it was set to "off" being I haven't heard it in so long.

I suppose I could reset it to "on", and see if it starts working with a fresh setting. I don't really recall

hearing two V1's, since about the time of the last service pack.. It's been that long.

But I'm not saying that is the reason.. Maybe if I started with a fresh cfg and panel state, it would start

working again..??  But no real worry, being I don't really want the aircraft V1 call on anyway.

Hi Mark,

I took both you and Kyle's advice and had success. Then I turned on the aircraft V1 and sure enough I got both. Turned it off and just the FO which is what I want. Works like a champ but I would have NEVER figured that out without you guy's help.

My next "big thing" to figure out is what the difference between panel save state and the other one, not in the cockpit now but there's another save state where supposedly you can save a configuration across the entire fleet of 737's? Again, all the documents are not clear on exactly what they do or why they do what they do or why I would even need those choices. What I'd like is to be able to set up a aircraft configuratio for ALL my fleet of ALL the dash numbers, 600-900 and be done with it. I could say all the planes were modded with the same avionics.

At least I have that annoying V1 problem resolved.

This plane is SO complex that it can really trip me up. LOL!

Jack Sawyer

My next "big thing" to figure out is what the difference between panel save state and the other one, not in the cockpit now but there's another save state where supposedly you can save a configuration across the entire fleet of 737's? Again, all the documents are not clear on exactly what they do or why they do what they do or why I would even need those choices. What I'd like is to be able to set up a aircraft configuratio for ALL my fleet of ALL the dash numbers, 600-900 and be done with it. I could say all the planes were modded with the same avionics.

Not sure you're reading that correctly.

Basically, the intro manual is describing a panel configuration state that can be used for every plane if you so choose. What it's referring to is the concept where every plane will have the same equipment and configuration items. As an example, if you like how Southwest sets up its planes, you can set the NGX up to use that set of equipment options for every plane, regardless of the livery.

The other thing is saving the state of the panel. What this means is the state of the aircraft. You can save a panel state with X, Y, Z, and Q buttons in the ON position, with the A, B, C and R switches in the OFF position.

If you read it a little more carefully I'm sure it'll make a little more sense.

Kyle Rodgers

I will have to re-read it Kyle. Your first paragraph is exactly what I want to do.

I now understand panel state, thanks. That makes a lot of sense.

Again, I appreciate the very fast responses you provide. Great job. It has really helped me tonight.

Jack Sawyer

Again, I appreciate the very fast responses you provide. Great job. It has really helped me tonight.

You're welcome! Glad to help...even if I can attribute my extra time on the forum this weekend to being sidelined with whatever bug I picked up in Germany.

I don't get sick often, but when I do...ugh.

Kyle Rodgers