Sign in to follow this  
ammarmalhas

What gaming rig will get P3D to give out 40 FPS with Ultra High (Extreme) settings?

I appreciate the  feedback.

I am disappointed I did not come across someone to advise against the R9 295 X2 and it being Cross fire and P3D not using that! Do you think using three AMD R9 290's, one for each projector would help? I need these three projectors working in Eyefinity to produce the 225 Deg screen projection I want.

I will start on the suggestions youhave tomorrow and report back what I find.

Again, thank you.

We may be getting somewhere but I am still interested in the specs of a realistic gaming rig that can run P3D at almost maxed out settings?

AMD or nVidea? i7 4770 or 4790 overclocked or not? RAM, SSD, motehrboard ...etc?

Any idea why MS or LM would put out settings that are truly unachievable ... except with liquid nitrogen cooled systems? :wub:

I have no idea if that would work well (one GPU for each projector), but my guess is that no because Prepar3D hardly has any support for multiple GPUs. Three cards would be an even bigger waste of money.

Anyway, if you are planning to get a whole new computer, a 4790K should be in your list (make sure that it's the unlocked version) along with a good motherboard, a high-end NVIDIA card (because SLI support is not ruled-out, at least for now), 8GB of fast RAM, and an SSD only if you want faster loading times (they won't make any difference when it comes to FPS). Still though, you should attempt to make the most out of your system before you purchase a new one, because it's very capable.

Nvidia Inspector Settings

Can you provide me with settings for the AMD Radeon, I od not have nVidia.

Thank you

you should attempt to make the most out of your system before you purchase a new one

Actually i already have the i7 4790, 16Gb superfast RAM at 2666 MHz, SSD, ASUS Z87k motherboard and Radeon R9 295 x2 (dual GPU), what else could I need.

I may try to get the latest single GPU nVidea card, but does nVidia offer something like the Eyefinity (or Matrox Tripple HeadToGo), which I absolutely need for the 3-projector system?

Actually i already have the i7 4790, 16Gb superfast RAM at 2666 MHz, SSD, ASUS Z87k motherboard and Radeon R9 295 x2 (dual GPU), what else could I need.

I may try to get the latest single GPU nVidea card, but does nVidia offer something like the Eyefinity (or Matrox Tripple HeadToGo), which I absolutely need for the 3-projector system?

What is for sure is that you can use multiple monitors with NVIDIA (it's called Surround or something), I'm not sure about projectors though. I guess you know more about projectors than I do, would you say that they mostly act like monitors? If they do, then I don't think you'll have a problem.

Biggest issue is you have three monitors with AMD cards in crossfire, which P3D doesn't use.

And you've got a powerful cpu not overclocked. Get that to 4.5 GHZ and it will help a lot.

Trade in your crossfire AMD cards for a gtx 980

Pull sliders back - no one can max out sorry

Enjoy

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

would you say that they mostly act like monitors?

I think they do.

I'll read mor eabout nVidia's surround.

thanks.

Biggest issue is you have three monitors with AMD cards in crossfire, which P3D doesn't use.

And you've got a powerful cpu not overclocked. Get that to 4.5 GHZ and it will help a lot.

Trade in your crossfire AMD cards for a gtx 980

Pull sliders back - no one can max out sorry

Enjoy

So you think one gtx 980 is more powerful than one R9 290 (the R9 295 x2 had 2 R9 290's if I am not mictaken), and how much more woud that be? As you say since P3D does not use the Crossfire feature operatingthe dual GPUs in the R295 then only one is working.

@OP

If you really want a 225 degree total Field of View, you cannot use NvSurround which is a single view stretched to maybe 110 degrees with considerable distortion on the side monitors - you must use three 70+ degree views (left, center, right). This, of course, reduces from the single monitor frame rate to about 40 percent. This is why you need to adjust settings of the single monitor FPS to around 100 fps - i.e., many of the sliders are medium.

The settings that I stated will provide that with a CPU at or about 4.2 Ghz. Once you have that setup, you can change the settings to your desires and priorities.

whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

This, of course, reduces from the single monitor frame rate to about 40 percent

Wow! would it be that much lower?

i need to try this here and report back.

Anyone knows of a standalone or addon that shows the fps in a peperate window or allows moving the fps line from the top left of the screen to any other location? In my 225 screen with 3 views (as you said) the upper part is somehow truncated and i cannot see the fps.

@OP

If you really want a 225 degree total Field of View, you cannot use NvSurround which is a single view stretched to maybe 110 degrees with considerable distortion on the side monitors - you must use three 70+ degree views (left, center, right). This, of course, reduces from the single monitor frame rate to about 40 percent. This is why you need to adjust settings of the single monitor FPS to around 100 fps - i.e., many of the sliders are medium.

The settings that I stated will provide that with a CPU at or about 4.2 Ghz. Once you have that setup, you can change the settings to your desires and priorities.

whitav8

Not sure I understand this entirely.

I have 3x 24" monitors running off of 1x GTX 780 3GB and an intel i7 2700K overclocked at 4.5GhZ.

From what I understand from your post above and a previous one, is that you do NOT use Nvidia Surround. But instead, you create separate windows for your left monitor and your right monitor and you gain alot more FPS that way, instead of using Nvidia Surround?

Could you by chance post a print-screen of your Nvidia Inspector settings?

@rene_1st

First off, NVSurround with it's limited Field of View and distortion on the two side monitors is much faster than three separate views - in 3D computation, each separate "camera" view requires significant time to render - in this case (my settings with medium sliders), approximately 10 milliseconds. Therefore, when you do three of them, that takes 30 milliseconds which gives about 33 frames per second. Each of the views has the lateral "yaw" angle set differently, maybe -70, 0, +70 to get a total of 3x70=210 degrees of lateral field of view. The standard use of NVSurround is to take one camera view that is set for maybe 70 to 100 degrees field of view, and spread it across the three monitors. Then the 10 milliseconds rises to maybe 15 milliseconds in order to fill so many more pixels and to include the wider field of view.

I already listed my Nvidia Inspector settings - actually I'm not sure which ones actually function these days - many folks don't even use NI anymore.

=========================================================== 
Nvidia Inspector Settings 
      Antialiasing Mode : Override any application settings
      Antialiasing Setting:  8xSQ
      Antialiasing Transparency Setting : 4x Supersampling

Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Application Controlled
      Vertical Sync:   Use the 3D application setting

=========================================================== 

whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

All the cores are being used in P3D ... 

There will always be one core that has to synchronize all the other threads running on different cores ... this is true of any flight simulation using a quad-tree that threads.  I often see folks that have invested a fortune in exotic cooling systems for their PCs running at 5.2 Ghz and then they test their monster PC against a Flight Sim (FSX, P3D.XP10) and it brings their monster PC to it's knees ... often followed up by the monster PC owner claiming it's old crappy inefficient code (code they've never seen or even understand how it works).  The reality is ... it's not the code, it's the distances involved.  Not saying as new techniques evolve, there aren't better ways to accomplish a task, but "distance" is always going to be key to performance ... that's why so many other 3D games keep those distances very limited 1-5 miles.

But on 32bit platforms with several 3rd party content add-ons, you'll run out of VAS within 2-5 minutes of flight even if you could endure very low frame rates.  So even if you had a 10 Ghz CPU you wouldn't be able to fly for very long with everything maxed out.

The main issue to performance is "distance" ... that what kills FPS.  Flight sims have 150-200+ view distances view which must update as you move thru the world ... they can't just "stop" and wait for the next level to load like you see in 3D shooters and goat simulators. 

Cheers, Rob.

I got envious watching your video above!

With my setup, i can see nothing remotely close to what is on your screen; the colors, the details and the smooth flying is a 1000 times better than what I have!

My 3 projector setup of BenQs with 1280x800 each producing a 225Deg screen with 3840x800 projected on a large screen (2m high and 2.25m radius) yields graphics that look like large colorless greyish pixels, everything is stepped (no smooth lines) and out of focus (blurred?)! I am using AMD's Eyefinity (sort of like nVidia Surround I think) and very much like Matrox TrippleHead2Go) to show 3 views that are warped using Immersive Display Pro.

My God ... I am totally depressed now!

Have I wasted tons of monies on a dream?

:wub: :Worried: :(

Until DirectX12/Mantle and 64 bit engine, I don't think it will be possible. There is bottleneck between CPU and GPU. Even if you use multithreading, Only 1 core can take to 1 GPU core. DirectX12 and Mantle resolve that issue where you can schedule parallel CPU core to talk to multiple GPU Core. There is a few game like that on the market like Battlefield 4 and it makes a difference. 

I am hoping LM will take the 64 bit DX12 direction in V3.0 and everyone will be happy.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Have I wasted tons of monies on a dream?

No you have spent tons of monies on the love of your life,  that's cool   B)