Sign in to follow this  
Acetone

Outerra mods news

Modder Update!  ^_^ 

From Levi Cires 

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3208.0;topicseen

cheesy.gif

• The default Cessna is a very nice plane, and I thought that it needed some upgrades. So here are the current upgrades I managed to implement so far:

- Landing lights & rotary beacon light | toggle using "gear" key.
- Flashing strobe lights.
- Navigation lights.
- Red cockpit light.
- Gauges lights.

- Animated Doors | They open when speed is below 0.1 knots, and flaps are extended.
- Working fuel quantity indicators.
- Working Oil Temperature indicator.
- Working Oil Pressure indicator.
- Working Exhaust Gas Temperature indicator.
- Working rudder pedals.
- The nose gear is now animated when steering.
- Animated tires.
- Ten different camera positions (use 'V' key).

If you have performance issues, you can always turn off the cockpit lights by opening the script (ALT+E) and at the top, set the first constantdisable_cockpit_lights to true.

Download
Will be included in the next Outerra update as well.

Tango-dialog-warning.png WarningThe .oxt replaces the original plane.

A quick video:

Some screenshots:
inMzgj0HPDmyx.jpgiPbT1gJCpSqHR.jpgibrGcwwnOUIifF.jpgibu8pgucSoUagQ.jpgiw9Q7w1aLoxJW.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Just a note! as of the first release, the OTX file may not always install correctly, and may have to be unzipped and placed manually in the main Anteworld "Packages" folder.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Mod-In-Progress:

I found a free 3d model to use as a placeholder on TurboSquid with Royalty Free License for All Extended Uses. I am contacting the creator to confirm I can modify it for Outerra.

Script works, just need to modify the FDM to UH-60 specs.

Regards,
Uriah

7uY2oqH.jpg

Yy26EWk.jpg

njinKW0.jpg

Tb3OFlR.jpg

MrNUJqI.jpg

Mod-In-Progress:

From Uriah George

Conversion for Outerra Anteworld of Pjedvaj's Lockheed Martin F-35B Lightning II for Flight Gear, with a modified version of the JSBSim Flight Dynamic Model created by Erik Hofman. These works are covered under the GPL/GNU (General Public License) and give praise to their original creators.

http://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fgaddon/HEAD/tree/trunk/Aircraft/F-35B/

I cannot release the F-35B publicly until I receive permission from Pjedvaj.

The current version demonstrates smooth transition between VTOL mode and forward flight with pitch and roll hold using thrust vectoring and thrust differential control. The flight controls use a fly-by-wire system to simulate the experience of flying the advanced 5th generation Joint Strike Fighter.

Regards,
Uriah

EDIT: P.S. The video features Cape Canaveral Air Force Station scenery thanks to Acetone!  cool.gif

Devons rig

A lot of cool news! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

A lot of cool news! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

I mentioned someplace else: Outerra is going into hyper-mode.

ALPHA RELEASE!

Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk v0.1    Download UH-60.GNU.otx

This uses free 3d model as a placeholder that I found on TurboSquid with a Royalty Free License for All Extended Uses. It is low poly, and the cockpit is poor quality, sorry. I'm trying to find one of higher quality with a virtual cockpit.

The FDM is still that of the AH-64 as I work on the UH-60 FDM, however it is all in one package now, instead before the FDM was scattered in a number of folders in ./Anteworld/jsbsim/.

Current Features:

• All helicopter FDM files contained within OTX (AH-64 is fragmented)
  • In First Person View the camera shakes simulating motion and vibration
  • Interior and exterior sounds
  • Strobe lights
  • Landing lights
  • Cabin lights
  • Light Switches at the top of script to easily turn lights on or off as desired

'H' key enables hover mode!

Suggestions and comments welcome. Enjoy! 

Regards,

Uriah

U7qmAKs.jpgr7n45Rg.jpg

C4ZPLEX.jpg8DjOc5I.jpg

JyCzSe4.jpgBWZk1ZU.jpg

oJ4mbE6.jpgRtdztgS.jpg

Devons rig

Devons rig

Outerramodels.com reorganized and is back better than ever at version 2.0

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3005.60

http://outerramodels.com/

Well it has been a while but I am still here!
Just wanted to let you guys know the new site is up and running and looks beautiful!

We had some plugin conflicts on the old site after we updated and the site went nuts.  So instead of fixing it we redesigned from the ground up!  The new site is much more responsive and visually pleasing.

We are still adding all the old models from backup, but 80% is back up and it just felt like time to get things back up and running.

A note..  If you had an account on the Outerra Model library in the past, it may have gotten corrupted during the backup process.  If you are unable to login to your old account, simply message me With your email address and we will send you a password reset request so you can login and fully enjoy the site.

--AnimatedSyn

This is my contribution, A demo of Acetones LFNA Scenery test area. Its far from completion, but I think we can agree it looks awesome already. Acetone is a very patient guy for doing all this fiddly object placement without going nuts! (I made one airport and went nuts)  :lol:

Devons rig

Awac9 shows off that sub MOD. Its also a good reminder that Outerra can depict things other  than flight.

Devons rig

WIP!

WikipediaThe AgustaWestland AW101 is a medium-lift helicopter used in both military and civil applications. It was developed by joint venture between Westland Helicopters in the UK and Agusta in Italy in response to national requirements for a modern naval utility helicopter. Several operators, including the armed forces of Britain, Denmark and Portugal, use the name Merlin for their AW101 aircraft. It is manufactured at factories in Yeovil, England and Vergiate, Italy; licensed assembly work has also taken place in Japan and the United States.

This is an unofficial conversion for the AgustaWestland AW101 Merlin from AlphaSim/Virtavia. The conversion is done with Phil Perrott's Permission at virtavia.com.

Screenshots

iAkSxjx15YyfK.jpgiXVdMWkaoOUad.jpgibo86oHcD0ty3p.jpgieQOxzmQFnNE1.jpgibpJPBXLCqBYzJ.jpgibn066TTJehxL5.jpgiNF7lOybNd3zK.jpgibexR2PwAIlBvq.jpgiIcfrFkChMQH7.jpgivLyWAyRJWiiR.jpgiFgwta9c7k1d2.jpgiudxX4xV50gDV.jpg

Devons rig

UPDATE! F-117A  ^_^ 

Download v1.01

(March 28, 2015)

Version 1.01 (March 28, 2015)

• Updated lights to work with Outerra Version 0.8.4.5372 and newer
  • Added a few more constants at the top of the script to turn certain group of lights on and off
  • Added lag filter to flight control surfaces and to nose gear steering
  • Added camera motion effects when the aircraft is on ground
  • Script optimizations (from 1759 to 1286 lines)

Devons rig

Update! ASK-13 Glider!  ^_^ 

Download

(March 28, 2015)

Update:
(March 28, 2015)

• Added lights (gauges, cockpit, strobe). As usual, using the control panel at the top of the script, you can turn on and off these group of lights.
  • Added various cameras (pilot, copilot, tail tip, left wing and right wing). Use 'V' key.

ijKc11c818yFa.jpgiIRgGKDYmJ7DJ.jpgibq8fCLChVfKsz.jpgilEFqN8qJ4Uhz.jpgieb8Cw6WdQOD7.jpgibsYAePFPB0snS.jpg

Devons rig

WIP!  B) 

Improvements for the current AH-64B: http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3253.0;topicseen

10409698_1450488935243086_14892778020367

11082668_1450488938576419_16687762942641

Devons rig

A quick video demonstrating Uriah's ongoing progress on the Outerra AeroKinetics mod (Something along the lines of Kerbal Space Program) http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3062.0

Devons rig